failing math ext2 (1 Viewer)

.ben

HSC
if you get 50% or less for an assessment worth 30%, does that damage your final mark a lot?

thanks

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
50% isnt that bad for a 4unit mark, as long as your class didnt all ace it..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It pretty much depends on your rank, it's very hard to determine if 50% is good or not. How did you go compared to your other classmates?

P

pLuvia

Depends on your rank as Riviet said, and how hard the test was. It might have super hard or just super easy :p which would be bad ;)

.ben

HSC
I hope it was a super hard test. lots of the questions i couldn't do:( guess i'll have to wait till afer the holdays to get the marks back.

and i can't drop cos i hav 10u

P

pLuvia

My school doesn't allow students to have MX2 as part of their 10 units, i.e. they can have only have at least 11 units to be able to do MX2

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Ditto, it's just so we can have a safety net in case we decide to drop the extension.

P

pLuvia

Same same, I think only one person in my 4u class wants to have 10 units including MX2, but the head teacher will only determine it from these half yearlies

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Haha, I thought at least half of our class of 12 were going to drop out when we did conics. It turns out that everyone is still doing the course.

H

housemouse

Do you guys consider this good, like I came second and I got a mark of 80% in my half yearly but the person who came first got 95% and third got 79% ,two got less than 50% and the rest are cluttered around the sixties or low seventies.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yes that's good, keep it up, you're beating pretty much the whole class (1st place is obviously a nerd :p), and remember that rank is important for your UAI. ;)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Riviet said:
Yes that's good, keep it up, you're beating pretty much the whole class (1st place is obviously a nerd :p), and remember that rank is important for your UAI. ;)
Like you can talk. :p

housemouse, 2nd in Ext. 2 in a class of your size is excellent, and you seem a very capable student. Keep up the work and the rank and you'll be set - just have to get over the exam then. :)

I_F

H

housemouse

Thanks.

My overall rank wont be second during the half yearlies cause I only got 65% in the first assessment and i was near the bottom of the group at the time because of complex numbers. And for this half yearly, I could have done better if only I placed more emphasis on complex numbers, was too worried about volumes and conics.

But I should still in the top half since most of my class are very consistent in achieving their sixties.

EDIT: also I feel that I should be first because I go to Prior for God's sake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)