Anyone doing both maths and english extensions together atm? (1 Viewer)

itszen

HSC
hey is anyone doing both maths and english extensions? Hows the workload? Is it too hard to do? Wells im hoping to do both of them but im scared i might cant handle the workload and i MIGHT pick up another extension in year 12 which is history extension? Too much or what?

rigellian

HSC
Doing both extensions is possible. I did both for this year and scored pretty decent-good marks in both. But, I will tell you now that doing both extensions with 14 units is going to kill you. I tried doing what you did (14 units with both extensions) but sooner or later, some of your subjects are gonna give. For me, that was Physics and Engineering. Dropped Engineering and then everything was better.
Give it a go first, then see which subjects you start to lag behind/lose interest in and drop them.

rawrawr

HSC
very possible. some of my friends regret not doing both extensions

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I am, with 16 units currently (despite what the sig says) - so what I'm doing is waiting until I get my report and then deciding. Might as well learn something rather than sitting there doing nothing for the lessons...

evilevoevil

HSC
N/A
One guy in our year did 4U english and maths, he coped
but a guy in year 12 at our school did both 4u english and 4u maths, but he didn't cope. he pretty much.. was close to the bottom in terms of ranks. but then again, I guess it depends on the person.

Jnnco

HSC
hey is anyone doing both maths and english extensions? Hows the workload? Is it too hard to do? Wells im hoping to do both of them but im scared i might cant handle the workload and i MIGHT pick up another extension in year 12 which is history extension? Too much or what?
hhiii, i did both math ext and eng ext in yr 11, and then picked up hist ext in yr 12 on top of that.

i managed! you get lotsa free periods! haha =]

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I did 4U Maths and 3U English. It wasn't as bad as it's cracked up to be.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I did both extension 1's. It's managable. Both extension 2's is possible as well, but you have to be dedicated.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm doing MX2 and EX2 - I like it. You just have to be good at Maths to do MX2, and to do EX2, you just have to be very dedicated to do the research - along with having great creative writing skills.

kyokaku92

HSC
I do Ext 1 English and Ext Music :D
Thank god I don't have to put up with 3U maths, I literally got raped by it in yr 11 :angry:

elmoateme

HSC
Heaps of people in my year are doing both extensions. Theres quite a few people doing Ext english and maths. It depends on how hard you work, much you like the subjects, and how talented you are at them. Honestly, doing 14 units is more of an issues than doing both extensions. Just take them and plan to drop to 12/13 units after half yearlies.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I'm doing Extension 2 Maths and I find the workload overwhelming. I guess I'm just shit at managing my time.

I get home, and all i can finish is one subject :(
kiss goodbye to ATAR 98
kiss goodbye to ATAR 95
and hello TAFe

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
i was going to do both extension 1's
but going to a shit school they didn't allow this due to timetable clashes:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)