Which Scales higher? Music 2 or Math 2u?? (1 Viewer)

RBKSoulja

HSC
as the title says, im contemplating which to study for more tonight, all my time today was takenup by ancient

im better at music 2 as well, but i should study for math, but im short on time...

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
I'm exactly the same as you! I am soo worn out from ancient that I'm not worrying about maths study, the past 2 weeks of study should pull me through ok :) Music is going to be franticaly studied between the 2 exams.
How do you study for music?? I need help. I usually just wing it and pull off 70-80%, but im a bit scared of doing that for the HSC...

RBKSoulja

HSC
I'm exactly the same as you! I am soo worn out from ancient that I'm not worrying about maths study, the past 2 weeks of study should pull me through ok :) Music is going to be franticaly studied between the 2 exams.
How do you study for music?? I need help. I usually just wing it and pull off 70-80%, but im a bit scared of doing that for the HSC...
gah im so screwed for maths...question 10 can bugger off, im gonna try and get 2 marks and leave it >< yeah hopefully the few past papers ove done over the hols is enough to get me through too ><

hahaha i usually do that too, but yeah im gonna study the 3 pieces from my elective which is 19th Century Music and 2 pieces which fit under the mandatory and study all their modulations and the texture, expressive techs etc...oh and for the rest of the paper just know ur components of music

the only things im worried about is losing easy marks >< u know when they ask u what some random french or italian term from the score means, do u always get it right?? im not sure how to prepare for that...><

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
gah im so screwed for maths...question 10 can bugger off, im gonna try and get 2 marks and leave it >< yeah hopefully the few past papers ove done over the hols is enough to get me through too ><

hahaha i usually do that too, but yeah im gonna study the 3 pieces from my elective which is 19th Century Music and 2 pieces which fit under the mandatory and study all their modulations and the texture, expressive techs etc...oh and for the rest of the paper just know ur components of music

the only things im worried about is losing easy marks >< u know when they ask u what some random french or italian term from the score means, do u always get it right?? im not sure how to prepare for that...><
Wow i didnt do an elective topic, i just wrote on my performance sheet that i studied it but its NEVER needed in exams (touch wood) i have 3 mandatory pieces which i;; write about... geez i hope its an easy, concept based question, not off a quote or shit like theres been in the past :(
Uhh the only way ive been able to do well in the musicology is cos ive done AMEB theory for many years... and ive done a few AMEB musicology papers as well... you had to know like allll the terms for those things, and transposition etc...

GOod Luck tomorrow! i feel like we are the only music 2 people on BoS!

Starless

HSC
Uh, hey, Thomas.

I'd be studying more for Music 2 at this point, personally.

At the same time though, there's a three hour gap in between them.

If you think you can get the Music 2 stuff in three hours, do it after maths...

RBKSoulja

HSC
Wow i didnt do an elective topic, i just wrote on my performance sheet that i studied it but its NEVER needed in exams (touch wood) i have 3 mandatory pieces which i;; write about... geez i hope its an easy, concept based question, not off a quote or shit like theres been in the past :(
Uhh the only way ive been able to do well in the musicology is cos ive done AMEB theory for many years... and ive done a few AMEB musicology papers as well... you had to know like allll the terms for those things, and transposition etc...

GOod Luck tomorrow! i feel like we are the only music 2 people on BoS!
i actually wouldnt mind a quote, as long as its not specific and something really vague. the one i had for my trial was "compare ur madatory and elective pieces and pick 2 musical concepts to talk about and how theyve changed over the different periods" was a pretty easy 10, i hope 2moz the same...

Good luck to u too, Wicked fan^^ after HSC ima go see it :D

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
i actually wouldnt mind a quote, as long as its not specific and something really vague. the one i had for my trial was "compare ur madatory and elective pieces and pick 2 musical concepts to talk about and how theyve changed over the different periods" was a pretty easy 10, i hope 2moz the same...

Good luck to u too, Wicked fan^^ after HSC ima go see it :D
Hey!! I get so happy when I talk to other Wicked fans! I've seen it a LOT of times.
Back on topic, I just hope i can write a decent essay in 20 mins, it;' seriously ridiculuos...

RBKSoulja

HSC
Uh, hey, Thomas.

I'd be studying more for Music 2 at this point, personally.

At the same time though, there's a three hour gap in between them.

If you think you can get the Music 2 stuff in three hours, do it after maths...
well Liam if u still DID the damn subject, u cld prob help me :p:p
i probably could...but when i cram, i tend to forget stuff during the exam, esp if its right before >< but then again, i dont wanna screw up maths too badly, tho its my shittest anyway ><

*sigh* i guess ill study music now and maths in teh morn

RBKSoulja

HSC
Hey!! I get so happy when I talk to other Wicked fans! I've seen it a LOT of times.
Back on topic, I just hope i can write a decent essay in 20 mins, it;' seriously ridiculuos...
LOL u remind me of my bestie, shes obsessed with it and shes gotten me into it hahaha our music class is going to see it after the HSC! :D she going for the 4th time i think...?

anyway, lol i found this really helpful, got the article months ago HSC Online

as the guys says, we have to write it in the time usually given to write a thesis in english >< hope it helps ^^

Starless

HSC
well Liam if u still DID the damn subject, u cld prob help me :p:p
i probably could...but when i cram, i tend to forget stuff during the exam, esp if its right before >< but then again, i dont wanna screw up maths too badly, tho its my shittest anyway ><

*sigh* i guess ill study music now and maths in teh morn
You'll be fine. If you give a crap about scaling I think Music 2 scales higher anyway. *shrug*

Chill out. It's the best way to be prepared.

gifted:)

HSC
i reckon music 2 is easier than music 1 ... you guys get the score to read from ... lucky guys,

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Always Mathematics > Music
Are you serious? Music 2 pwns 2 unit Maths. Lower candidature, less competition. Oh, and it happens to be ridiculously harder.

i reckon music 2 is easier than music 1 ... you guys get the score to read from ... lucky guys,
Music 2 is so much harder than Music 1. True, we get scores, but we also have to do 6 billion things more with the score. Also- the scores are really complex and it's damn hard extracting the elements of music out of these whack-job pieces of music.

vantastic

HSC
well i do general maths, so im guessing that music 2 is going to scale higher for that hahaha

RBKSoulja

HSC
Music 2 is so much harder than Music 1. True, we get scores, but we also have to do 6 billion things more with the score. Also- the scores are really complex and it's damn hard extracting the elements of music out of these whack-job pieces of music.
+1

said everything i was gonna say :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)