General Maths Scaling Help (1 Viewer)

Mel_ly

HSC
hello I just want to know one thing, Im doing General maths in my school since i am absolutely hopeless at higher level of maths however i managed to come 1st in year 11 prelim.
i got 84/100 and was ranked 1/77. My school is ranked i believe somewhere in mid 400, What would this mean for say the HSC and scaling if i managed to come 1st in general maths in my school and got a mark of around 84-88. Would it be possible to get a high band 6 in the actual HSC exam.

As in would it reflect on your Internal mark for your school and rank?
From what ive herd if you rank 1st in the year for a subject its considered like an Auto 100 is that true? can someone please justify, Thanks :D

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
u would need to come first in your school for General Maths + also come in the top for the actual external

no its not an automatic 100. u keep the exam mark u get in the exernal. so if you're getting 84/100 in your current school and you're ranked first, and then u get 90/100 for actual hsc. your internal hsc mark is 90 and external is also 90. u get a hsc exam mark of 90

hence to get in the high band 6, I believe u would need to work much much harder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)