I screwed up in a maths exam (1 Viewer)

aspired

HSC
I didn't finish 1/3 of my entire maths exam worth 15%. I know I really screwed up...

... I know it sounds silly but is there the slightest chance I could still achieve 99+ ATAR?

Official

Bring it on
HSC
For prelim 2U maths, I screwed up my first assessment and ended up with a rank of 10/78. However, I tried my best for the next few and finished with a rank of 1. In other words, you're not screwed.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
theoretically, yes
but you will have to work very hard

im shared shitless of screwing up my first assessment too
which school do u go to? if you go to a really really good school, its not gonna affect you much

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Mate for Preliminary Chemistry I was ranked 11/11 after the half yearlies due to some 'misunderstanding'. I worked on until the end of the year and eneded up 1/11 in the end. Don't lose hope no matter how badly you screwed up. When I screwed up in Chemistry my classmates got complacent and decided to forget about me as a threat to ranks. They made a big mistake.

bob fossil

HSC
and intelligence
Asks the question: do you have to be a natural to get over 99?

By natural i mean, very naturaly smart and also puts in a heap of work.

Or can the work get a average talented student to a 99 alone.

super.muppy

HSC
work hard and you'll achieve its mainly about the rankings and your school (and ur external). anyways chances are that other ppl are in the same boat so dnt sweat

absorber

HSC
yea but unlikely
not really, I mean it's only worth 15%, so that's really 7.5%. You don't know how other people faired yet either. It's 2 units out of 10, and if you do 11 or 12 and epically fuck up maths it'll just fade into irrelevance. I'd say there's still a chance of getting EDIT 99.95 (I'm stuck thinking in UAI format), frankly.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Asks the question: do you have to be a natural to get over 99?

By natural i mean, very naturaly smart and also puts in a heap of work.

Or can the work get a average talented student to a 99 alone.
The part in bold, but you need to put in a lot of hard work.

HSC
of course not, but it could've supplemented towards the addition of your school assessments though, just motivate yourself to move on and learn from your mistakes :)

h3ll h0und

HSC
Mate for Preliminary Chemistry I was ranked 11/11 after the half yearlies due to some 'misunderstanding'. I worked on until the end of the year and eneded up 1/11 in the end. Don't lose hope no matter how badly you screwed up. When I screwed up in Chemistry my classmates got complacent and decided to forget about me as a threat to ranks. They made a big mistake.
lol similar situation with me. came like hundred and something for my first assessment in prelim chem then overall 11th after finishing prelim chem. just gotta work hard / be motivated to do good.

kyokaku92

HSC
lol similar situation with me. came like hundred and something for my first assessment in prelim chem then overall 11th after finishing prelim chem. just gotta work hard / be motivated to do good.
I love taking revenge against your classmates in exams. I am motivated to snatch back that 1st ranking in music that was robbed from me :pirate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)