Question about becoming Maths Teacher. (1 Viewer)

Yell0w

HSC
Hey,

I am asking on behalf of a friend. He wants to become a maths teacher however he doesn't do 4Unit at school.
He was wondering would any university accept him into the maths teaching course?
He is doing fairly well in 3Unit at the moment.

Thanks
~Yell0w

chrisnumber1

HSC
Hey,

I am asking on behalf of a friend. He wants to become a maths teacher however he doesn't do 4Unit at school.
He was wondering would any university accept him into the maths teaching course?

Thanks
~Yell0w
yes, to my knowledge no uni undergrad unit has ext 2 maths as a prerequisite. and look at the teacher you had in year 7, do you think they did ext 2. btw in the first 6 months of uni you basically cover ext 2.....anyway its teaching, they will take who they can get

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I know that at Wollongong Uni the only thing that has Maths Extension 2 down for assumed/required is a degree in Mathematics. Maths Teacher only has Extension 1.

twistedrebel

HSC
people do general maths and become maths teachers.
Most maths teachers are 2u/mx1 ex-studies
I know mx2 teachers (good ones) only having doen 3u at school

kcqn93

HSC
Hey,

Thanks
~Yell0w
WHOOO??? lol

HSC
Uni Grad
yes, to my knowledge no uni undergrad unit has ext 2 maths as a prerequisite. and look at the teacher you had in year 7, do you think they did ext 2. btw in the first 6 months of uni you basically cover ext 2.....anyway its teaching, they will take who they can get
Bachelor of Science - Advanced Mathematics in USYD requires ext 2 maths...
but most of them would only require extension 1 maths anyway
but if you can do ext 2 maths then first semester will be a breeze for you :p

Lauchlan

HSC
Hey,

Thanks
~Yell0w
its pretty obvious this is about you.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Maths teachers are scary, no offence.:tongue:
i had the best maths teaccher in the world for 2unit/3unit.
i danced with her last year :)
i think we armed wrestled once as well. i remember this one time she told us about how when she was in uni and she had a lecture, she had to walk over the tables in order to get a seat. she was wearing skirts then LOL

youandmexo

HSC
my mum is a maths teacher :) you only need to do minimum of 3u at school :) otherwise you will have to do a bridging course at uni so basically your friend is set :)

mioumiou

HSC
my mum is a maths teacher :) you only need to do minimum of 3u at school :) otherwise you will have to do a bridging course at uni so basically your friend is set :)
+1 :D

That's basically what my teacher said as well. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)