Maths (1 Viewer)

madness_me

HSC
I was just wondering. How hard is mx2 anyway. Like on a scale of 1-10?

Should I start trying in eco even though I think im going to do extension 2. Like is extension 2 really hard. Ive heard its just mainly the work u have to put into it and u have to be motivated etc. But I'm just wondering cause I'm ns If I should just work on eco or not or should I just work on maths

Sorry for the long question but I pretty sure I'm capable of 4unit, but I'm unsure, I lack confidence

Also If i was an average 4unit student how many hours of study or homework would i be doing a week or fortnight

Last edited:

MetroMattums

HSC
Depends on how confident you are in your maths - if you can grip the concepts well it should be about a 5/10 at most.

If you don't.. well it would take a lot more work to mitigate the pain it can bring to those who don't understand everything, and in that case it would be up to 10/10 (it is supposedly the hardest subject in that the Board of Studies offers, anyway).

madness_me

HSC
yer I get all the stuff we do in yr 11 its pretty simple. Its just I dnt study that much so my results are average. I need to study more.

Hopefully I ace my yearlies anyway

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I was just wondering. How hard is mx2 anyway. Like on a scale of 1-10?

Should I start trying in eco even though I think im going to do extension 2. Like is extension 2 really hard. Ive heard its just mainly the work u have to put into it and u have to be motivated etc. But I'm just wondering cause I'm ns If I should just work on eco or not or should I just work on maths

Sorry for the long question but I pretty sure I'm capable of 4unit, but I'm unsure, I lack confidence

Also If i was an average 4unit student how many hours of study or homework would i be doing a week or fortnight
Oxymoron much?

madness_me

HSC
dur dur dur
this is a stoopid thread
I jsut contradict myself

muzeikchun852

HSC
u should still tries with eco. im in a similar situation. im going to drop eco for sure but im still going to try hard on the subjectm although its a really crap subject.

kcqn93

HSC
4/5, if you can understand the concepts and logic of it all. Plus make sure you know your calculus... nearly everything topic involves calculus in some way... lol

I have more problems with English than Maths... lol...

I don't put too much time into mx2, probably only at school and the weekends doing past papers and harder 3unit questions.

Kralex

HSC
u should still tries with eco. im in a similar situation. im going to drop eco for sure but im still going to try hard on the subjectm although its a really crap subject.
You shut your whore mouth :(

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
you should give it a try if you're considering it
plus, its not hard if you put the effort in

Misyndo

HSC
Keep Eco and 4u maths for a term.
If you can't do it, drop it. Derp.
If you can, drop Eco.

Toranilor

HSC
5/10
IMO The hardest part about extention 2 is the advanced 3 unit topics, like circle theorums. *Shudder* Most of the new concepts are explored on a relatively basic level, so if you can easily understand new 3 unit topics you should do well in four unit.

In regards to study, I'd think that 1-1.5 hours a night is neccesary to maintain a good mark.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Keep Eco and 4u maths for a term.
If you can't do it, drop it. Derp.
If you can, drop Eco.
This. Keep an open mind. And do 4U, scaling is so disgusting it makes up for everything else. Also it helps a lot for Engineering, since you'll be doing Uni Maths anyway (which 4U would help with).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'd say it's about 8-9 if you don't really pay attention to it, but once you look at how it is done - you'll find that most of it is just knowing what to do. Once you get that, it's easily a 4-5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)