General maths (1 Viewer)

ombuds

HSC
When you put 99 into the atar calculator you get a atar equivalent of 99.3 but when you look it up on the UAC website it saids that maximum mark is 91.

My teacher said that many people got band 6 in general maths but that means that most would have had to get 99/100 to get it. Which to me doesnt seem likely as he mentioned that 10 or so people got it.

Can someone explain to me.
Thanks

HSC
90+ is a band 6.

99 scales down to 91.

90 (still a band 6) probs scales do to 70s.

HSC
Uni Grad
Uhh... ATAR is calculated from 10 units... General Maths is only 2 units...

Kralex

HSC
The scaled mark is capped at 45.5/50 (91)

I was confused by this at first cause no body seems to mention that 91 is the scaled mark not the actual HSC mark.

You can still get 99, 95, 91 etc. as a HSC mark.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
When you put 99 into the atar calculator you get a atar equivalent of 99.3 but when you look it up on the UAC website it saids that maximum mark is 91.

My teacher said that many people got band 6 in general maths but that means that most would have had to get 99/100 to get it. Which to me doesnt seem likely as he mentioned that 10 or so people got it.

Can someone explain to me.
Thanks
Ok, your first sentence seems very silly. I think you are very confused. Your atar is NOT the average of your HSC scaled marks.
So according to your logic, to get 99 ATAR you need to get a 99 scaled mark for every subject? (in fact if you got that, you'd most likely have the highest aggregate in the state)

Secondly, band 6 is determined by getting <89 for your aligned mark, not the scaled one (the 91 you're talking about).

MetroMattums

HSC
Ok, your first sentence seems very silly. I think you are very confused. Your atar is NOT the average of your HSC scaled marks.
So according to your logic, to get 99 ATAR you need to get a 99 scaled mark for every subject? (in fact if you got that, you'd most likely have the highest aggregate in the state)

Secondly, band 6 is determined by getting <89 for your aligned mark, not the scaled one (the 91 you're talking about).
He's referring to the Einstein ATAR calculator which gives (I presume) an ATAR that corresponds with the relevant mark according to statistics given by students and the Board of Studies. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)