Maths homework takes so long?! (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I feel like most of my night is dedicated to Maths hw.
Is this normal? I mean like sometimes exercises are short but most of the time they are long!! What should I do?

Thanks!

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
What is your definition of "Most of my night"? How many hours are you studying and how much of that is maths?
It might be because you're doing every question and gaining no benefit from it. If you're finding every question easy, there's no need to keep doing the exercise. If I found a topic easy, I would skip to the last couple questions in the exercise because they are generally harder. If I could get them out, I didn't see any need to do the whole exercise.

dracster

HSC
I get the same problems as well :/

If you're finding troubles with solving the questions I'd usually try to learn and understand the concept in that exercise in a much more depth. I'd usually leave out those repetitive questions like
1. Derive
a) 2x
b) 4x^2
c) e^x
If they're too repetitive and easy try skipping and do the harder questions. That's what i'd usually do.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can always do half of the exercise and leave the other half as revision questions, just make sure you can do the hardest questions of the exercise, there is no need to do every single question-particularly for the very easy questions earlier on if you find them very easy. Having said that, it is important to keep up to date with your maths homework, what I usually tend to do is to complete a substantial amount of 'to be set' maths homework in advance in my holiday studies, so I tend to need to spend less time on maths during the term devoted to homework. Just make sure you learn to prioritise everything-don't do your Maths homework over completing an assignment for example, keep practising, keep believing and keep balancing between subjects-hope this helps-best wishes for you to ace your studies this year:)

tashe

HSC
N/A
Sorry to say but it seems like you post a lot of threads regarding help with homework. Is your homework too difficult that's why you find it time consuming?

Or is your teacher one of those who give a lot of simple questions with repetitive working out? Or even a lot of questions of mediocre difficulty?

You need to work out the cause of your problem.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Thanks guys I figured out that homework is way too easy. It's not that maths is hard, I understand it but there's so many repetitive questions. Thanks for the advice, I'll try akipping to the end to do the harder ones!

Joshmosh2

HSC
I get the same problems as well :/

If you're finding troubles with solving the questions I'd usually try to learn and understand the concept in that exercise in a much more depth. I'd usually leave out those repetitive questions like
1. Derive
a) 2x
b) 4x^2
c) e^x
If they're too repetitive and easy try skipping and do the harder questions. That's what i'd usually do.
or you can just do them in 10 sec

QZP

HSC
If I can see the path to the answer (each step clearly in my head), I just skip it. You only really need to start doing "every" question if you're leading up to an exam where you would want to make sure the basics are systematic to you to reduce silly mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)