Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Avoiding the regrets and disapointment of not being able to pick up 3U/4U Maths

HSC
    N/A

Avoiding the regrets and disapointment of not being able to pick up 3U/4U Maths

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Just an update, my maths teacher (who was meant to teach 2 Unit, 3 Unit and 4 Unit maths at Granville TAFE) said that the government wanted to save money, resulting in budget cuts to TAFEs and many redundancies last year because they wanted less teachers to teach more students in each class.

We were told that 3 Unit maths will most likely not be running since there aren't enough students wanting to study it, they need 25 students. My maths teacher even told those who wanted to study 3 Unit maths to not even bother going to tomorrow's class.

4 Unit maths has a question mark next to it, there are many students who want to study 4 Unit maths who are from high school but they need 25 students, the government isn't going to pay them to run a class of say, 10 students.

I apologise if this is bad news to anyone but as I said earlier, the government wants to save money. In the past, they were able to run 3 Unit or 4 Unit maths even if there were 5 students but they can't do it anymore.

Excellent news, 3 Unit and 4 Unit Maths will be running!
    LATEST UPDATE.

Granville TAFE is running 3 unit Maths on Thursday night from 5-8pm and 4unit Maths on Wednesday night from 5-8pm both at room c318.
    Bankstown TAFE only runs 2 unit Maths night class on Wednesday night from 5.30-9.30pm. (so if you want to accelerate in 2u outside of school, you can do it at Bankstown TAFE).
    Randwick TAFE runs 3u and 4u on Wednesday night 5.30-8.30pm.
    North Sydney TAFE runs 3u and 2u night classes only, they don't have enough people for 4u.

Liverpool tafe also has 3u and 4u.
    Last edited by unforlornedhope; 9 May 2015 at 1:54 AM.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Avoiding the regrets and disapointment of not being able to pick up 3U/4U Maths

Bump!

HSC
    N/A

Re: Avoiding the regrets and disapointment of not being able to pick up 3U/4U Maths

Bump!Whoever wants to do ext 1 or ext 2 Maths or accelerate in 2u maths, please look at this thread or pm me for more questions!!!

Executive Member
    HSC
    N/A

@unforlorned hope please msg me further I'd be interested in taking Extension 2 on.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Flop21 View Post
    Math via distance is very hard.

No idea how it is through TAFE.

Does TAFE do like quick courses? Say doing the 3u course (only) in a few months? Or would I be better off just grabbing a textbook and self learning?
    TAFE does year 11 and 12 in ONE year.
    You can do 3U through TAFE or distance ed if your school doesn't offer it, timetable clash in your school or your school doesn't let you do 3u.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by davidgoes4wce View Post
    @unforlorned hope please msg me further I'd be interested in taking Extension 2 on.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Classes at Granville tafe are starting soon. Please contact them and enrol ASAP.

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Hey,

Do you have any info on Distance education?

Also, is it possible for those who have been "forced" to drop out of an accelerated subject to do it again through TAFE/distance education?

Could you please make a similar thread to this but instead of maths, it's science

Thanks

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Hey,

Also, is it possible for those who have been "forced" to drop out of an accelerated subject to do it again through TAFE/distance education?

Could you please make a similar thread to this but instead of maths, it's science

Thanks
    Yes you can. Which science subject is it? You have to be quick. Enrolment is closing soon.

HSC

Hey,

Thanks
    You can do 1 course without any reason I'm pretty sure. I'll send you a PM.
    2015 HSC: English Adv, Mathematics, Business Studies, Biology, Multimedia.

HSC Biology Flashcards

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by unforlornedhope View Post
    Yes you can. Which science subject is it? You have to be quick. Enrolment is closing soon.
    My friend needs to get in extension 1 mathematics and he was forced to drop out of accelerated mathematics (2 unit) at his school mainly because he was underperforming

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by unforlornedhope View Post
    For me don't worry about the science subject, I already got in physics and chemistry and people are dropping out of bio because the course is boring but my friend needs to know some info about mathematics

HSC
    N/A

My friend needs to get in extension 1 mathematics and he was forced to drop out of accelerated mathematics (2 unit) at his school mainly because he was underperforming
    Your friend can do ext 1 maths at Granville tafe and accelerated 2u maths at Bankstown tafe.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Doing 3U (MX1) and 4U (MX2) Maths outside of school. PLEASE READ THIS!

Bump and good luck to the 2018 cohort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information