Should I drop to general maths? (1 Viewer)

Erinhc

HSC
I just received my score from my yearly 2U mathematics exam and I revived 24%. The test was extremely difficult and only 2 people passed. I was really unhappy with this result considering prior I had ranked 2nd in the year for 2U maths, achieving above 85% in all past tests. However, I am really worried that with this mark I would be disadvantaging myself by staying in 2U, and should perhaps go to general where i would expect to get 85+ results. I really enjoy math and my teacher so I don't want to move, however I don't need math for my Uni course (law + business). My other subjects are modern, ancient, business, legal and adv. + ext. English. Would dropping to general allow me to focus more on these subjects also?
Would like to make a decisions ASAP as I finish year 11 in 4 days. All advice appreciated!

Joshmosh2

HSC
I just received my score from my yearly 2U mathematics exam and I revived 24%. The test was extremely difficult and only 2 people passed. I was really unhappy with this result considering prior I had ranked 2nd in the year for 2U maths, achieving above 85% in all past tests. However, I am really worried that with this mark I would be disadvantaging myself by staying in 2U, and should perhaps go to general where i would expect to get 85+ results. I really enjoy math and my teacher so I don't want to move, however I don't need math for my Uni course (law + business). My other subjects are modern, ancient, business, legal and adv. + ext. English. Would dropping to general allow me to focus more on these subjects also?
Would like to make a decisions ASAP as I finish year 11 in 4 days. All advice appreciated!
2U ezpz
I'd say stay.
But on the other hand, 24% is worrying. Considering that two people passed, there is quite a large gap between the top kids and the rest.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Try another schools test?

It sounds like you should probably move to general mathematics and quickly catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)