Need some advice please!- Maths (1 Viewer)

greatthen

HSC
So I've recently moved into year 12 and I do Extension 1 Maths. During my preliminary year, I haven't been doing too well resulting in a 50% in the yearlies...Would it be better to try harder in Extension Maths and stick it out for a little longer or should I drop down to 2u maths instead and focus on that? Just a bit lost:confused:

photastic

HSC
So I've recently moved into year 12 and I do Extension 1 Maths. During my preliminary year, I haven't been doing too well resulting in a 50% in the yearlies...Would it be better to try harder in Extension Maths and stick it out for a little longer or should I drop down to 2u maths instead and focus on that? Just a bit lost:confused:
Prelim results are irrelevant. It gets better in year 12 and I remembered getting 30% for my yearlies but ext 1 has been my most successful subject. If you still can't cope, you can simply drop it later on.

greatthen

HSC
Were there any particular methods you had in making it your most successful subject? Thanks:)

photastic

HSC
Were there any particular methods you had in making it your most successful subject? Thanks:)
Simply past papers and it will get you 90+. However, I emphasis that understanding the topics is essential, which was something I ignored during the prelim course.

Lithone

HSC
Definitely keep it for now. To improve tbh firstly MAKE SURE you understand the basic concepts + examples, and just do a lot of qns once you have that down cos maths is all practicepracticepractice. And even if you do find you're still struggling in 3U and eventually drop to 2U, youll already have an edge over all the 2U kids cos 2U is super ez from a 3U perspective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)