taking time vs. rushing (1 Viewer)

Joshmosh2

HSC
It has become increasingly apparent to me that accelerants generally do better than normal math students. So, I thought that learning content at an earlier stage would allow more time for concepts to sink in, thus, leading to a better outcome.

my question is:
What is better? - Learning content thoroughly, but at a slow pace OR Rushing way ahead of content, but only a brief understanding

I am moving at a slow pace atm, and still with brief understanding... might experiment with the 'rush' method

Reactions: QZP

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
It has become increasingly apparent to me that accelerants generally do better than normal math students. So, I thought that learning content at an earlier stage would allow more time for concepts to sink in, thus, leading to a better outcome.

my question is:
What is better? - Learning content thoroughly, but at a slow pace OR Rushing way ahead of content, but only a brief understanding

I am moving at a slow pace atm, and still with brief understanding... might experiment with the 'rush' method
slowly

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Accelerants do better because
i) Have less subjects to focus on
ii) Tend to have to be decent at Mathematics/other subject to get the offer to accelerate

And Learning content thoroughly but slowly is better for retention..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)