Is this true? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If Person A and Person B are in the same 2-unit class, but Person B does 3-unit while Person A doesn't. Person B is coming 1st for 3-unit, and Person A is coming 1st for 2-unit, Person A gets the highest mark in 2-unit and his mark is 90. Does Person B get Person A's mark for 2-unit? Is this true? If yes, how is this fair?

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
If Person A and Person B are in the same 2-unit class, but Person B does 3-unit while Person A doesn't. Person B is coming 1st for 3-unit, and Person A is coming 1st for 2-unit, Person A gets the highest mark in 2-unit and his mark is 90. Does Person B get Person A's mark for 2-unit? Is this true? If yes, how is this fair?

What does "getting Person B's mark" mean... Does he/she like snatch it away or something. 2 unit and 3 unit are separate things, they have no connection with each other in terms of what your marks are gonna be for either of the two different subjects.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Where do people come up with this crap?
Peers and funnily enough teachers who have no idea of the process. I remember one of my teachers explaining the process and misinforming my whole class while I giggled in the background.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Peers and funnily enough teachers who have no idea of the process. I remember one of my teachers explaining the process and misinforming my whole class while I giggled in the background.
Someone needs to sticky that thread on how mark moderation works on the top of the BOS home page with the flashing red words "important."

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I didn't come up with this, I was informed by my teacher. I can confirm that she doesn't know what she's saying because she also said that if you pass 3 - unit that's an automatic band 5. After another person explained to me why that's incorrect, I felt dumb.

photastic

HSC
2 unit and 3 unit should always be treated as different subjects.

braintic

HSC
N/A

milkytea99

HSC
You'll be surprised that a lot of school teachers don't know how the system works LOL. I remembered one of my teachers she told me that all subjects are equal. That's not true! Scaling causes all subjects NOT to be equal

braintic

HSC
N/A
You'll be surprised that a lot of school teachers don't know how the system works LOL. I remembered one of my teachers she told me that all subjects are equal. That's not true! Scaling causes all subjects NOT to be equal
Let me guess ... she taught one of the 'less equal' subjects ?

photastic

HSC
Its funny because UAC explains the scaling process. Don't understand why teachers simply don't read the documents.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Its funny because UAC explains the scaling process. Don't understand why teachers simply don't read the documents.
You are speaking from the point of view of someone who understands maths.
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to explain the simplest mathematical concept to a typical English teacher.
And then there are the Art teachers ....

milkytea99

HSC
Let me guess ... she taught one of the 'less equal' subjects ?
Yes lol, she's teaching a low scaling subject.
She always complains that I spend a lot of time in English, Economics, Maths etc and neglect her subject

klee98

HSC
You wouldn't believe how hard it is to explain the simplest mathematical concept to a typical English teacher.
I'm pretty sure people who teaches at a school, would know how to look at a graph, regardless the subject they teach.....

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I didn't come up with this, I was informed by my teacher. I can confirm that she doesn't know what she's saying because she also said that if you pass 3 - unit that's an automatic band 5. After another person explained to me why that's incorrect, I felt dumb.
If you pass 3-unit, although not automatic, you'd be looking pretty good at getting a band 5.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What if your Art teacher did the equivalent of four unit mathematics?

braintic

HSC
N/A
What if your Art teacher did the equivalent of four unit mathematics?
Of course there are exceptions (I did say 'typical'). But generically what I am saying is true - I'm speaking from experience.

mreditor16

HSC
Of course there are exceptions (I did say 'typical'). But generically what I am saying is true - I'm speaking from experience.
I have to pretty much agree. That's why at many schools when HSC results come out, Maths department is usually asked to crunch the numbers and analyse the results of all subjects, then at executive and/or staff meetings, a representative from Maths will report the findings and send through a simplified version of trends/patterns for each subject to the respective head teacher for them to consider and utilise in planning future teaching and assessments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)