How does one "study" for general maths (1 Viewer)

Ethaw

HSC
At the start of every week we get given a timetable. I can generally do all the work on the timetable within 50 minutes at home and then well, as a result, have nothing to do 3 periods a week, or go ahead. Past papers are obviously an option, although there are very few for year 11 and even less seem to correspond. Doing the exact same easy work in another book has been something I have tried but it's altogether not very engaging, going over something the third time (since basically everything is a repeat of 5.3 yr 9/10)

TLDR;

General math is dead easy, but I feel I should be studying/doing some form of work anyway and I don't know how.

turntaker

HSC
Hsc papers I guess. And keep up with homework

Ethaw

HSC
Teacher said homework would be to finish off what is not already finished from the weekly timetable of work, can do all of that in 1/3 of the allocated time so, no homework.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
TLDR;

General math is dead easy, but I feel I should be studying/doing some form of work anyway and I don't know how.
Why have you opted for Maths General then?

Ethaw

HSC
Why have you opted for Maths General then?
Because 2 unit is too hard. Well, at least 5.3 was when I had the worst teacher in the school, everyone failed. Tbh, I should have given it a shot since maths department don't allow him to do 2 unit teaching and it really did change my marks when they swapped me in to that class from other 5.3 class, also work ethic is better now.

Besides the point though as I think it's to late to swap.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
View attachment 31988
That file size limit though.

This is a weeks worth of general maths.
Wow

Do your textbooks have any challenge questions?

Have you tried looking for questions by topic textbooks?

Despite how repetitive that work may be (and if you have the time) rather than sticking to the assigned work just do all questions in the assigned exercises; that way you may just come across something you perhaps didn't know before

If you have the money and time then you should find a tutor that can provide you with the resources

Ethaw

HSC
Wow

Do your textbooks have any challenge questions?

Have you tried looking for questions by topic textbooks?

Despite how repetitive that work may be (and if you have the time) rather than sticking to the assigned work just do all questions in the assigned exercises; that way you may just come across something you perhaps didn't know before

If you have the money and time then you should find a tutor that can provide you with the resources
I had a tutor previously for yr 10 5.3 once I changed classes and had the inferior teacher but have since stopped receiving tutoring. I was considering HSC Hub for resources, that would only work in year 12(pretty sure they only have yr 12 stuff), however, I guess tutoring is a possibility, but probably not in year 11. I did get 90% without study but I feel as difficulty increases the lack of work being presented won't exactly help motivate me

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I had a tutor previously for yr 10 5.3 once I changed classes and had the inferior teacher but have since stopped receiving tutoring. I was considering HSC Hub for resources, that would only work in year 12(pretty sure they only have yr 12 stuff), however, I guess tutoring is a possibility, but probably not in year 11. I did get 90% without study but I feel as difficulty increases the lack of work being presented won't exactly help motivate me
Which textbook are you using?

astroman

HSC
past papers, regular revision, the more you do the better you will be.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
To be honest if your finding general maths this easy and your getting full marks even while you do your textbook questions and/or past papers you're worrying too much. Go study for other subjects and pace out your time with general maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)