IS EXTENSION 2 maths for me? (1 Viewer)

Glyde

HSC
Hey guys i just wanted your opinions on wether or not i should do maths ext 2 NEXT year. My school seems to rank ~500's so i don't know how well I'm actually going in ext1. My half yearly exam mark was 86% and 2nd was 78%, 65% respectively. We only have 4 people in our current class and I'll be the only person doing ext2 next year ( will this be a benefit).
Any thoughts/opinions will help

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Try it, you have nothing to lose. MX2 scales ridiculously high if you do well and have decent subjects to support it.

I see MX2 as a once in a lifetime opportunity, if you are offered or have it in your sights, then you should have a go and see where you can go. You probably won't ever get to do it ever again (unless you self-repeat).

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Like Speed said you should give it a go and drop it if you don't like it :)

In regards to your Extension 1 performance try doing some papers from other schools (preferably selective and private schools), which will give you a better of idea of where you are at

Glyde

HSC
Ok I will try and find some of these selective school papers (online?). As for my other subjects. I'm doing maths,ext1, Engineering,Physics,Design and tech, standard english and studies of religion(dropping)

Glyde

HSC
THANKS !! Now I can find out where i actually am!! Are the papers different in difficulty ?

pomsky

HSC
THANKS !! Now I can find out where i actually am!! Are the papers different in difficulty ?
I'm assuming for a subject of that calibre, most of the papers should be relatively similar in terms of difficulty (since they're all prepping you for the HSC). Obviously some schools might write harder ones (usually selective, to separate out the ranks).

Good luck, OP :)

EDIT: Also, since you haven't started the course yet, you probably won't be able to do anything aside from maybe the "Harder 3U" questions haha. Not sure if that'll be a good indication of where you're at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)