Rewrite Question in Exam?? (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Do we have to rewrite the question in the answer booklet in an exam or can we go directly to the working? This will save me 10-30 seconds every question and thats alot of time considering I have time issues in 3u exams.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
You can go directly to working (just write the question number like "a) ii)" or whatever of course before writing your answer for each question).

D94

HSC
N/A
If the question forms part of the working out then yes, e.g. if you were asked to solve an integral. Otherwise don't bother.

studentlance

HSC
N/A
I agree with InteGrand that it is not mandatory to rewrite questions as it is a wastagee of time. Instead you can write the questions number you are going to answer. If your question paper is divided into sections then you can proceed with writing the section name like .

SECTION - A

Q1. Ans:

If you are solving Maths questions, you may need to write it on the sheet to solve it step by step.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I find that writing out the question (the algebra) really helps me from not looking at the booklet as I'm solving it.

Honestly it's up to your method of solving but usually you won't get marked down for not writing the question UNLESS it forms part of your working out.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I find that writing out the question (the algebra) really helps me from not looking at the booklet as I'm solving it.

Honestly it's up to your method of solving but usually you won't get marked down for not writing the question UNLESS it forms part of your working out.
The only problem with this is when you write the question down wrong :haha:

(has happened way too many times to me actually :cry:)

Flop21

HSC
The only problem with this is when you write the question down wrong :haha:

(has happened way too many times to me actually :cry:)
HSC you'll actually still get marks if you do it correctly with your incorrect question you've written down if it's the same difficulty as the written question.

Can't remember if it's full marks or not though.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
HSC you'll actually still get marks if you do it correctly with your incorrect question you've written down if it's the same difficulty as the written question.

Can't remember if it's full marks or not though.
This actually happened to me in Year 10, they call it a transcription error, I was awarded full marks since it was a 2 marker but I guess that's iffy if you are doing a question worth more.

I guess that's why I always wrote the question down everytime I solved a maths quesiton :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)