Crammers guide to HSC Mathematics (gen, 2U, 3U & 4U) (1 Viewer)

TheBondiTutor

HSC
Uni Grad
The 2016 HSC exams for all the mathematics subjects are just over three months away. Have you been preparing? (Let’s be honest probably not)
I’ve been tutoring mathematics for a long time, most likely before a lot of you started high school. I’ve noticed some common trends in how people study.

For instance, for the vast majority of people the “write notes on each syllabus dot point” strategy is really ineffective. There are much more efficient ways of retaining information and I generally advise against it.

I know that for most of you, last minute cramming in the weeks before is the way to go. That’s exactly how 80% of my students studied and that’s how I studied in the HSC.

Is it ideal? No. Is there a way to make it work to your advantage? Let’s find out.

I’m currently putting together a “Crammers guide to HSC Mathematics” that will include things like exam prep guides, how to videos but also a selection of “HOW does this just happen??” videos (For people like this poor guy who posted earlier http://bit.ly/29ND6Zh).

I want to make “HOW does this just happen!” moments the night before an exam a thing of the past. There’s no way to study against them and it kills your momentum while studying.

So, how do get rid of them? Well, it’s not easy but as a first step we need a discussion. I want to know the following from you:

• Which mathematics are you taking?
• What are you embarrassingly bad at in mathematics (the more specific the better, drop some questions if you have them)
• What do you find so easy that you really don’t need to hear about anymore
• What is the most boring topic in your math class
• What ATAR are you looking to achieve?
• Do you want to be involved in the process of making this guide or do you want me to just make it (I’ll eventually need to grab your email address, you’ll get to help with things like picking the name of the guide and what topics I cover)
• Anything else you want to see in this guide.

I’m making this guide either way. By all means feel free to make your own study notes, but if you want me to make them for you instead let me know what you need.

Last edited:

Dalorbi

HSC
Very nice, it'd be cool to see this happen for other subjects as well. Btw your bit.ly link leads to a site advertising an automated share trading tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)