How Do I Go About It? (1 Viewer)

dragon658

HSC
so,

I've pretty much given up. Despite getting a tutor, despite working out a plan of action and despite working out how to go about dividing my time for each topic in the HSC course I just can't do it.

Bottom line is, I'm just not applying myself consistently. That's it. I don't have any reason not to and I understand it's something that just HAS to be done. I could blame it on a lack of motivation, though others have suggested it may be a deep rooted issue, with lack of motivation being a byproduct.

I've really wanted to let me Maths teacher know of my situation, it's reflected pretty tangibly in my assessment marks although I feel so out of touch. I feel like I have a liability to tell him about my entire situation. I might just leave it till the end, after the HSC and tell him why my mark is so bad. He's the quintessential example of a perfect teacher, organised, informative and fun. Yeah, so I just got can't seem to tell him. He'd be completely accommodating I know, but yeah I just can't.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. Someone help me lol.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Maybe you can still do it. Don't waste your opportunity. You still have some time to save yourself. Don't get invited to relegate to General. If you still need help, maybe, just maybe, I can help you. PM me if you like.

Ask yourself:

- is your maths background adequate?

- do you at all like maths?

- do you want to do ok in your maths?

Tell us:

- what marks have you been getting this year?

- which topics so far this year are you having problems with?

- which topics are you ok in?

To get meaningful advice, you need to supply adequate background info. The more info, the better.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Wake up! Kick yourself in the butt. Apply yourself. Stop giving yourself excuses.

You can still do it. Don't waste your opportunity. You still have some time to save yourself. Don't get invited to relegate to General. If you still need help, maybe, just maybe, I can help you. PM me if you like.
stranger danger, watch out OP, this guy is sus

OP, just do it. You need to go sit down somewhere and relax for a while. You need to think while you're there, that there's SO LITTLE TIME and then it's all over! Recognise how tiny this next month is compared to the rest of your life. So just tough it out and smash through your study. Be consistent. Force yourself to. Purely because it shouldn't be that hard, since there's such little time left.

dragon658

HSC
Lmao. Thanks guys, look I know these things, I've been told so much, I've figured out so much, I realise that ultimately I need and kinda want a good atar (90+) to get out of my current situation into a better one I hope. I just cannot seem to get myself motivated. That is the stumbling block, it comes in fits and starts. Could it be more than what's on the surface? I don't know, I don't think so...

ek102

HSC
N/A
Hi, whats you're problem? I think i've been in the same situation you have in the past year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)