Should I Do The HSC? (1 Viewer)

dragon658

HSC
So I don't know whether I should continue with doing the HSC maths. I'm in year 11. I've basically come to the conclusion I've wasted my entire 'acceleration' period and I've arrived at a stage where I've given up. I just don't want to do the exam, I feel it's better to just let it go than to end up with a tangible result of 40% in my hands at the end.

I'm studying 10 units next term and I have no leeway whatsoever, I'm ensuring the subjects I'm lacking in now (physics and chemistry) will be top priority next year and I've already set and undertaking a study plan which consists of 2 hours on both each day for the rest of the holidays.

Cheers

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Firstly, why did you not take the acceleration maths course seriously? Acceleration is such a valuable opportunity if you want to have more spare time in yr 12 to focus on other subjects

Secondly, just do it (the HSC exam). If you're unsatisfied with your result, then you can repeat 2U again

dragon658

HSC
To be completely real, I just couldn't be bothered I suppose. I just put it off day after day until here I am, with little knowledge. I can't repeat 2U because of my circumstances and I've pretty much established that I won't. I've boxed myself in by having to do well in physics and chemistry (i've taken an interest in them recently because I have to so yeah, that's a start).

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
So I don't know whether I should continue with doing the HSC maths. I'm in year 11. I've basically come to the conclusion I've wasted my entire 'acceleration' period and I've arrived at a stage where I've given up. I just don't want to do the exam, I feel it's better to just let it go than to end up with a tangible result of 40% in my hands at the end.

I'm studying 10 units next term and I have no leeway whatsoever, I'm ensuring the subjects I'm lacking in now (physics and chemistry) will be top priority next year and I've already set and undertaking a study plan which consists of 2 hours on both each day for the rest of the holidays.

Cheers
Are you doing 3U/4U Maths next year? If so, your 2U mark would be essentially irrelevant.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
If you're doing 4U then no there's no need but if you do 3U (and just 3U) then yeah

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
If you're doing 4U then no there's no need but if you do 3U (and just 3U) then yeah
They 100% won't let him do 4 unit with that 2 unit mark guaranteed.

I'd recommend do not do the HSC so that you don't get disappointed in yourself if you don't do well and also drag other people down.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
They 100% won't let him do 4 unit with that 2 unit mark guaranteed.

I'd recommend do not do the HSC so that you don't get disappointed in yourself if you don't do well and also drag other people down.
They could

How else would they let kids into 4U if accelerated 2U isn't offered?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
They could

How else would they let kids into 4U if accelerated 2U isn't offered?
In a school without accelerated it's about 2 and 3 unit marks for prelim.

We do accelerated in our school and they only let you do 4 unit if you get 95+ overall in the HSC including internal and externals.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
In a school without accelerated it's about 2 and 3 unit marks for prelim.

We do accelerated in our school and they only let you do 4 unit if you get 95+ overall in the HSC including internal and externals.
Yeah you said "They 100% won't let him do 4 unit with that 2 unit mark guaranteed", like it's HSC 2U not prelim 2U

dragon658

HSC
ultimately, what's the difference between not completing the HSC this year and completing it and getting like 40. As in, do uni's look at what you've done or is it really just based on your ATAR (I think this is right). I know that I just miss out on having to have prerequisites for the 2019 implementation (I think), but with that being said if I wanted to do any sort of degree with Maths in it then well, I should get studying regardless right? My plan is to just pretty much forget about maths, even though I have it scheduled for two hours each day in my study plan and focus on the prelim stuff in physics and chemistry that I need in year 12. Every other subject is fine, I think I'm on track for a band 6 in legal, modern and english adv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)