Study Tips for Maths (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys!

Currently in Prelim, with my yearlies coming up in 2 weeks D:

I'm pretty good at maths, and I genuinely enjoy the subject a lot!
Some background -
97% in last 2u exam (5/61)
94% in last 3u exam (1/21)

What is the best way to delegate time for each topic in the 3u course, and what is the best way to balance between past papers and exercises from a textbook? (I have Cambridge and Maths in Focus)

Also any general study tips for all my subjects and setting up a schedule for them will also be appreciated

Thanksss

integral95

HSC
Clearly you're so good at math that you can just wing it through like a boss, why bother studying?

But in all seriousness, do you know what your weakest topics are?
normally I would spend a bit more time on those compared to my stronger topics (but you should still put some time in those as well)

If you think you already have a strong foundation on most of your topics, then past papers are sufficient. But if you want to challenge yourself even further, go for the extension questions in your cambridge textbook(3U). (Don't be too discouraged if you do struggle with some of them now as they usually
appear in the harder 3U section in a 4U paper)

As for Maths in focus...... mate don't bother with that book, you're too good for that.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Ahaha I didn't mean to come across as thaaaaat good - The tests we get at my school aren't that hard
Ext Cambridge q's roooaast me hard

but thanks for the tips, I shall implement them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Do a few past papers and see where you're mainly losing marks and focus on those topics with HSC questions sorted by topic or going through trials and doing questions on those topics. If it's silly mistakes just practice more under time trial and check your steps as you go.

Come back after and do the questions you got wrong to ensure you learnt something

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
The fact you had to pose that question on 3 intersecting lines yesterday means you still have to put in some extra work. You are already good, but can be better.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
The fact you had to pose that question on 3 intersecting lines yesterday means you still have to put in some extra work. You are already good, but can be better.
Yeah I agree man - thats why I asked for some advice

Its those trickier q's that can really throw me off

I didn't want to come across as boastful with my marks btw - My school sets pretty easy exam's tbh, coz its more focused on english and art type subjects than maths subjects :/

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I agree man - thats why I asked for some advice

Its those trickier q's that can really throw me off

I didn't want to come across as boastful with my marks btw - My school sets pretty easy exam's tbh, coz its more focused on english and art type subjects than maths subjects :/

Do more hard questions to improve problem solving skills and don't give up on them

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
What does "Just be dogged" mean ahaha?
Sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)