DROP General math? (1 Viewer)

b3n2knw

HSC
Hey,

Just starting year 12 and i have no idea what to drop. I'm already struggling to balance subjects as well as work etc..
Genny is prob's one of my least favourite subjects due to being quite shit at it and it being last period of the day on most days has it's sweet benefits. However i'm aiming for a 80-90 atar and im not sure if i can rely on other subjects to give me the marks i need to get into UNI, which i am hoping will be business at UTS or something along the lines, which do seem to need advanced math+ as a prerequisite.

My other subjects include: Modern History, Adv English, PDHPE, Business studies and Economics

my second option would be to drop Modern or maybe even business, but i get pretty good marks in both.

Any advice would be nice.
Thanks:mad2::mad2::confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like you should drop general mathematics.

Consider teacher quality, interest, how previous cohorts have performed in external HSC, your rank and size of each cohort's subject.

Frostguard

HSC
To be honest I do genny maths too and despite my decent marks, not bad but not exactly good either, I won't drop it because in my opinion, it doesn't require as much effort, thought or dedication than say 2/3/4Unit which is usually loaded with exercise upon exercise or even chapters but in genny math, the progression is quite slow so I don't think it's that much of an issue. Keep it if you feel you can't rely on your other subjects and it's not as difficult as the other maths levels, so why not just keep it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)