Ruse, Grammer, Syd Boys, HSC Paper Difficulty (1 Viewer)

jacky2460

HSC
N/A
I was wondering how the HSC exams for 3/4U Maths compared to trail papers (difficulty wise) of the following: James Ruse, Syd Boys, Syd Grammer, CSSA and Independent.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering how the HSC exams for 3/4U Maths compared to trail papers (difficulty wise) of the following: James Ruse, Syd Boys, Syd Grammer, CSSA and Independent.
HSC is usually quite a lot easier. Since most of these exams have hard q13 and 14, as well as q11 and 12 being more working than the simple types of qs they have in the HSC for those questions (so time management in finishing plays a role more so in those trials)

jacky2460

HSC
N/A
If u were to give each paper a mark out of 10 (10 being the hardest), how would you rate them (generally speaking)??

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If u were to give each paper a mark out of 10 (10 being the hardest), how would you rate them (generally speaking)??
in order of difficulty (since like for the out of 10 thing it varies each year and like your own ability in different topics as most people are stronger in some areas than others) from easiest to hardest: independent, cssa (used to be hard but for 2015 and 2016 from experience both the 2 unit and 3 unit papers were much easier than previous years so probably a trend of making it easier), Syd grammar, ruse (not too sure about Syd boys as I didn't really do much from there). Some other good schools to do are penrith and Parramatta Marist (went here for school don't know if they have papers online but some of the papers we had were harder than ruse like people getting low 60s to high 50s/70 who ended up with like 96+ in HSC mark)

HSC
Uni Grad
As both Ruse and SBHS have copied their questions every once in a while (once in 10 years) but Grammar has original questions, I'd go (Numbers are measured relative to each other that doesnt mean 6 is easy):

SBHS - 6

James Ruse - 8

HSC 2013 onwards - 8

Sydney Grammar - 8

CSSA - 9

HSC especially 1990s - 9.5

BoS (Noone can beat carrotsticks he's a legend) - 10

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)