Thread: Is NGO and Sons good?

HSC
    N/A

Is NGO and Sons good?

I heard many people from Ruse go there and I am also considering it. I'm in year 9 in a top selective school currently (and have been looking for a good tuition centre) and do decent in maths. I heard they have an accelerated class and I would like to enter. How well would I have to do in the exams to be allowed in it? And What are the topics that assessed? Does anyone know any sample questions? Thank you!

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Is NGO and Sons good?

I've been to Ngo and Sons a few years back and the teachers are very good but they have a somewhat strict etiquette where you need to bow at the reception and classroom before and after you leave. To be honest the test was pretty easy, I'm not sure what the success rate was but after the test, the principal/owner came in and started talking.

Despite all the good things I've felt while I was there, they were also strict with homework and people were occasionally kicked out for not doing homework consistently but its a pretty good tutor. Whilst tutor does teach you, they ultimately are just keeping you ahead of what your school is learning. Year 9 and 10 introduce the most fundamental concepts for math in year 11 and 12, I would highly recommend tutoring especially for math and English, right now especially if you are aiming for a high ATAR. I hope this helps. Sources: went to ngo and sons and am doing 4U math?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by darkk_blu View Post
    I've been to Ngo and Sons a few years back and the teachers are very good but they have a somewhat strict etiquette where you need to bow at the reception and classroom before and after you leave. To be honest the test was pretty easy, I'm not sure what the success rate was but after the test, the principal/owner came in and started talking.

Despite all the good things I've felt while I was there, they were also strict with homework and people were occasionally kicked out for not doing homework consistently but its a pretty good tutor. Whilst tutor does teach you, they ultimately are just keeping you ahead of what your school is learning. Year 9 and 10 introduce the most fundamental concepts for math in year 11 and 12, I would highly recommend tutoring especially for math and English, right now especially if you are aiming for a high ATAR. I hope this helps. Sources: went to ngo and sons and am doing 4U math?
    I was considering studying at Ngo and Sons or Master Coaching Australia but after reading your comment, I think I should choose the other. Personally, I can't study in a uncomfortable place. There is my competition:

if you're a person who are able to study effectively by being forced you should choose Ngo and Sons, otherwise you should choose the other.
    Of course, homework, assignments should be resolved but in encouraged way. what it would be if while studying ,you can relax with other group members.
    Studying in a suffocative place, i feel like i'm not proactive at all, i just do what tutors tell me to do, but in another cases, no one can help me so maybe the same thing will happen in mathematic exams. So i would rather choosing a place where i can be a coach, argue, compete , encourage to do exercises with others than a place where i'm forced to do things then when i'm out of tutoring centre i remember nothing.
    Vote for Master Coaching so.

Vexed?
    HSC
    N/A

Define 'good'.

c8
    Cadet
    HSC

I am a bit late but I think ngo and sons is good however, its very generic. They do not cater to each student's needs apart from them being separated into different classes. They have gotten a very high reputation because of how many people go there but it is not as good as many other tutors in the area. If don't want more of a personalised learning approach go for ngo and sons but if you want smaller classes you should look at other places

Thread Information