Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RAY RAY 20

Thread: Should i drop maths?

HSC
    N/A

Should i drop maths?

hi
    I am currently in year 12, I am doing 2u maths. I want to pursue a career in science (medical science, neuroscience), I am doing the Asian package (13 units) I like my subjects, but i really don't think i can do maths. i can do the maths in science but not the maths in maths. so should i drop or keep going and get bad marks?

HSC

Re: Should i drop maths?

what are your other subjects and how are you going in those?
    [FONT=Century Gothic][I]2017 HSC : 2U Maths (94)

2018 HSC : Eng Adv | 3U Maths | 4U Maths | Bio | Legal

HSC

Ask around. Check if your career options make use of 2U Math/calculus. If your uni courses involve lots of math you'll end up behind when you reach them.

Why is 2U Maths too hard for you?

HSC
    Uni Grad

For uni science (well at least for most unis), 2 unit math is assumed knowledge so I would suggest you keep math however if your marks are extremely terrible then you should drop to general in which case you will have to work slightly harder later on. Also "bad marks" is very subjective, one persons 80 can be equivalent to another persons 49 and vice-versa.

HSC
    N/A
    01001110 01100101 01110111 00100000 01010011 01101111 01110101 01110100 01101000 00100000 01010111 01100001 01101100 01100101 01110011

Thats how weaklings look at things, why are you bad? Your not bad, its just your mind tricking you. Everyone is bad in maths, no one is good. its just practice which makes them better. Just work hard. You can possibly even gor further than 2u man, just keep on it.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ichila101 View Post
    For uni science (well at least for most unis), 2 unit math is assumed knowledge so I would suggest you keep math however if your marks are extremely terrible then you should drop to general in which case you will have to work slightly harder later on. Also "bad marks" is very subjective, one persons 80 can be equivalent to another persons 49 and vice-versa.
    thanks, I will keep maths, my marks aren't too bad, just need to work harder.
    ichila101 likes this.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by HeroWise View Post
    Thats how weaklings look at things, why are you bad? Your not bad, it's just your mind tricking you. Everyone is bad in maths, no one is good. its just practice which makes them better. Just work hard. You can possibly even gor further than 2u man, just keep on it.
    yes i am feeling very weak and stressed, thanks for the motivation and I will be keeping maths and practicing more.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jjuunnee View Post
    what are your other subjects and how are you going in those?
    bio, chem, physics, PDHPE, ext 1 English, 2u maths, i am doing pretty okay.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by fan96 View Post
    Ask around. Check if your career options make use of 2U Math/calculus. If your uni courses involve lots of math you'll end up behind when you reach them.

Why is 2U Maths too hard for you?
    thanks, I will be keeping maths, I don't think its that hard but I am just stressed and gave up.

HSC
    N/A

DO NOT drop maths! Let me repeat again, DO NOT DROP MATHS! As you go into university, mathematics is needed in chemistry, physics etc especially in a science degree. Even in pharmacy in Usyd people have to take compulsory units to pass the course and it involves integration and things like that. If you’re obviously going to pursue a STEM degree in uni, especially a good uni, maths is IMPORTANT. Even for USYD, they are making 2u maths A REQUIREMENT for 2019 entry into science degrees. I see a lot of people who didn’t do or drop maths in high school do miserably in STEM degrees in uni, and even accounting. So DO NOT DROP MATHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information