Forced (kinda) Dropping math 2U to Standard 2 (1 Viewer)

Fappingcow

HSC
Hi all,
as the title stated, my current math teacher (2U) is forcing me (kinda) down to standard 2 after I scored a very poor mark on my first perlim exam. He was like it's better for me to do well in standard 2 rather than do okay/poor in 2U. (Personally, I don't like him anyway.) TBH I don't even know why I choose 2U, maybe is because Math 2U are assumed knowledge for some uni courses but then again I have no club what I'm want to do in uni.

and btw my other subjescts choices are : English Adv, Business Studies, Ecoomics,Visual Art and Software design(probably might drop after prelim.)

Sorry about the poor english :)

sida1049

HSC
Before you drop 2U, make sure that dropping 2U won't affect your future uni plans. For example, it is assumed knowledge for Bachelor of Science/Engineering/Commerce/Actuarial Studies. Furthermore, USYD is making 2U compulsory for the relevant courses from next year, and I think other universities will follow suit.

So actually, for many people, barely passing 2U is better than doing okay in general maths. So make sure that you don't fit into this category, before dropping 2U. And if you can't rule out science, engineering, commerce or actuarial studies (or whatever other relevant courses I've forgotten to mention) as your future uni course, then maybe you shouldn't drop 2U and try harder.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
He can always do a bridging course for it. That way it won't affect his atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)