Did Chemistry screw you over as well??? (1 Viewer)

mac_attack94

HSC
hey guys,

was wondering how people went in chemistry this year. i wasn't expecting a super high mark but the mark i received was a lot lower than i thought it would be aligned to. did anyone else find themselves in this situation or should i consider getting that re-check service thing.

asparagus

HSC
N/A
oh no that's so terrible

i hope your parents don't beat you up!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

asparagus

HSC
N/A
hey guys,

was wondering how people went in chemistry this year. i wasn't expecting a super high mark but the mark i received was a lot lower than i thought it would be aligned to. did anyone else find themselves in this situation or should i consider getting that re-check service thing.
anyway do you know who came 2nd in chem? i'm guessing it was either you or brandon

and what did you get btw?

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I was expecting to do a lot worse, so I'm satisfied with my chemistry marks. I got a lot worse in physics so I'm not all that disappointed in chemistry.

Carl5

HSC
Yeah, I got lower than I thought I would have... though I did the test with only 4 hours of sleep (brain wouldn't shut down), so that may have contributed to the situation. I was actually having trouble reading in the exam...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I wasn't disappointed with my exam mark, but I expected the rest of the class to go better. Cunts.

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
I might have liked a couple more marks - but can't say I'm disappointed with 94

shakky

HSC
My chem teacher told me only 4.31% of the state got a band 6 in chemistry, which is significantly low as compared to other years where it was about 7.5-9.5%. And only 13% got band 5 as compared to 18-21% in previous years. So in the scheme of things, chemistry may have scaled very well in terms of ATAR calculation. Getting 90+ would have scaled to possible >96 and 80+ may have scaled >87. The band 6 % in bio and physics were quite low this year too.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I shouldn't have dropped Chem, should have dropped Bio instead because I was actually good at Chem in year 11 but just got a shit mark for Bio.

Dylanamali

HSC
wanted 95.. ended up with 93.

most probs f'ed up industrial chem last q.. coz the question was so broad.. and a few MC's

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Thought the test this year was hard as hell
I knew that I had at least 9 marks worth of guaranteed losses of marks in the test but ended up with 95.
Hence, did better than I thought

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)