Please can I have some insight/opinions (1 Viewer)

mitch_f1

HSC
Hello
I am at a slight dilema; I cannot decide between a B Biomed sciences at UTS, a BMedSc at UTS or UNSW, or a BSc (adv. sc.) at UNSW. My interests are really in the biomedical area (with like diseases and all that kind of stuff, and my long term aim is to rather than be a researched [which i know pertty much everyone starts off as] but to work in a hospital), but i fear that the course at UTS may be a bit basic, and might constrict my options. So I thought hey, i've made the 88 cutoff from last year, why not look into advanced science. So I have, and it does look interesting, but I was wondering if it would give me more options. Also, if anyone here does this course, do i need to take introductory units in mathematics?

Please, post opinions, insights, experiences, or whatever. I aim to either call or make an appointment to see people in each university (UTS and UNSW) in the week after christmas.

Thanks
Mitch

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hi mitch, please look for my posts in here http://community.boredofstudies.org...g/130856/b-medsci-bsci-also-post-grad-qs.html

I gave advice to a student who is in a similar situation as you.

From your post, it seems like you are more interested in life sciences than physcial or chemical sciences, so I would suggest a medical science (or biomedical - the same thing - different name) degree. Adv science is just science. You get the same degree name of Bachelor of Science even if you do Adv science. They simply don't print the word "Advanced" on your testamur.

Unfortunately I only study at UNSW so I can only offer you advice based on my experience. I think ultimately all science degrees are similar. You will get a good education no matter where you go and it will all come down to the individual character - you and how hard you are willing to work. The campus is just an individual preference. And I preferred UNSW when I made my decision.

Good luck with your decision.

mitch_f1

HSC
I didn't thinka bout that; the 'advanced' bit. So now it's pretty much a BMedSc i'm going for :p

Thanks
Mitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)