Bsc psych confusion... (1 Viewer)

xsjado

HSC
What is the difference b/w doing psychology as an elective when doing Bsc and Doing Bsc psychology?

Also, what is the differene b/w Bsc Psych and psych(hons)
Does hons mean you will do honours for sure and Bsc Psych mean you have to compete for a place?

thanks.

nerve

HSC
If you do BPsych you're automatically given a position for honours, otherwise if you do Bsc (Psych) you have to compete for Honours in the fourth year. If you have alright marks in BSc then it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that they're both pretty much identical.

xsjado

HSC
so if you do psychology (Hon) and you do poorly.
You will still get into honours??

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
nerve said:
If you do BPsych you're automatically given a position for honours, otherwise if you do Bsc (Psych) you have to compete for Honours in the fourth year. If you have alright marks in BSc then it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that they're both pretty much identical.
Thats wrong. At least for my uni.

B Psych usually means you are guaranteed a 4th year. Honours is competitive like normal, but if you dont make it into honours then you do a 4th year course laid out specifically for B Psych students who dont make it into honors[or who dont like the honours course schedules]

Pretty sure psych[hons] is a totally different thing, like an accelerated course. If you are good enough to get into that and stay in it up till end of 3rd year then you shouldnt have a problem getting into honours anyways.

xsjado

HSC
What about Bsc (psych) and Bsc with psychology as an elective??
any difference there?

nerve

HSC
No difference in subjects, if thats what you mean. At least for the first year.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
xsjado said:
What about Bsc (psych) and Bsc with psychology as an elective??
any difference there?
Umm yeah[take this with a grain of salt. i havent looked at this since 2006 and its in relation to my own uni UoW but i assume most of them are similiar]
Bsc (psych) is counted as a health and behavioural science degree, so you get credit points for doing science or psych classes. Theres also a few other things that make it easier if you get into difficulty with timetables and stuff like easier to get into some classes, availablity etc. Basically if you think you want to have the majority of your degree made up off psych classes then do Bsci[psych], if you want to do some general science i.e some chem, some bio or some physics with a little bit of psych as general interest or possibly to help a little with some sort of future career, then do a normal Bsci

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)