BSc means UNEMPLOYMENT, true or false? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I want to do a BSc, but people keep telling me that my prospects of getting a job after uni are pretty much nil.

I also know several people who have graduated from doing a BSc and have not been able to find jobs in their field and thus have resulted in working at Kmart/Coles fulltime.

So, is it true?

Chris.

HSC
jeez didnt your vietnamese parents tell u the usual story of the girl of a friend of a friend of your relatives who did B Sc and got no job then went bak and did law and now every vietnamese person happy now du ma:rolleyes:

EDIT: i know your viet coz of one of your threads about P Plates and sum1 mentioend your viet and your hawt and stalking ITT

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Chris. said:
jeez didnt your vietnamese parents tell u the usual story of the girl of a friend of a friend of your relatives who did B Sc and got no job then went bak and did law and now every vietnamese person happy now du ma:rolleyes:

EDIT: i know your viet coz of one of your threads about P Plates and sum1 mentioend your viet and your hawt and stalking ITT
i'll cut you

min2, if you want to get a 'job' from a BSc you have to do honours and then masters and PhD so you can be a research scientist.

Also, you'll have to go to the US or Europe because Australia hates science

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
m.incognito said:
I want to do a BSc, but people keep telling me that my prospects of getting a job after uni are pretty much nil.

I also know several people who have graduated from doing a BSc and have not been able to find jobs in their field and thus have resulted in working at Kmart/Coles fulltime.

So, is it true?
No.

You should ask webby. Hi webby :wave:

re: Chris, you bloody flirt.

doink

Clone
HSC
Why not do engineering and then you can do a science degree that will get you a job for sho'. (It's not an official science degree but has alot of maths + physics and can possible have chem or biology depending on your discipline, pm me for more info)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
m.incognito said:

So, is it true?
You will need to have a good average 70+ in an employable field like geology, statistics etc. Honours will get you a job. It is hard to get a job from a vanilla Bsc since it is not a professional degree.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
combine it you sonofabitch. get out of CHHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise you will be stuck with BAinPsych at MQ!!!!!!!!! NO

HSC
Is there any way I can do a double degree of like pharmacy/science... is that even possible? Don't they overlap?

re above posts:
^ I can't leave CHHS, too late now.
^ engineering is where all the fugly guys hang.
^ parents don't want me to do law, they want pharmacy/medicine.
^ I will ask David.
^ the other things suggested don't really appeal to me.

bassistx

HSC
Anyone with a degree will almost certainly get a job, doesn't matter what it is (the degree, I mean). UTS says over 80% of people who study science get a job.
I'm sure you'll find a job, but you have to think further than that - a career. If you know where you want to be, you'll get there. Believe me. I haven't done it myself, but many people I know have reached their goals just by keeping them in mind.

Don't worry about it.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
m.incognito said:
Is there any way I can do a double degree of like pharmacy/science... is that even possible? Don't they overlap?
Given that pharmacy is a science course itself I'd say no.

When Vanush stated combining it he meant two different disciplines, ie engineering/science or business/science or law/science etc etc etc. It would be really easy to get a job after graduating with a combined science degree provided both degrees complement each other.

EDIT: To the douche above me, do you honestly expect a law student to get a job in a law firm with 50% grades? A degree does not equal employment.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
bassistx said:
Anyone with a degree will almost certainly get a job, doesn't matter what it is (the degree, I mean).
False.

bassistx said:
UTS says over 80% of people who study science get a job.
They're bullshitting, every uni says of any particular degree "HAS A 110% UMPLOYMENTZ RATE" because those undergrad course descriptions are ADVERTISEMENTS

bassistx said:
I'm sure you'll find a job, but you have to think further than that - a career.
False - she is a woman.

bassistx said:
If you know where you want to be, you'll get there.
False. You will have your hopes and dreams crushed by the harsh reality of the world.

bassistx said:
Believe me. I haven't done it myself, but many people I know have reached their goals just by keeping them in mind.
lol reliable source

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
get into a science course, or even pharmacy/optom, then transfer into B Med @ Newy uni.. HEAPS of ppl got in i swear.

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Given that pharmacy is a science course itself I'd say no.

When Vanush stated combining it he meant two different disciplines, ie engineering/science or business/science or law/science etc etc etc. It would be really easy to get a job after graduating with a combined science degree provided both degrees complement each other.

EDIT: To the douche above me, do you honestly expect a law student to get a job in a law firm with 50% grades? A degree does not equal employment.
mmmm i see. i really don't want to be an arts girl, not interested in it. ahaha...

does anyone know anybody who has graduated from BSc (molecular bio) and gotten a decent job?

^doesn't sound like a bad idea. (to vanush)

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
m.incognito said:
does anyone know anybody who has graduated from BSc (molecular bio) and gotten a decent job?

^doesn't sound like a bad idea. (to vanush)

I have just graduated with a B MedSc (Hons) from UNSW and is now doing a PhD with a scholarship. I also tutor students from medicine (Phase one UNSW medicine) and science (second year microbiology).

For those not interested in a PhD, a science degree with first class honours will get you a job as a research assistant at a good lab/hospital.

bassistx

HSC
Gh3y, you're really helping her, aren't you?
Don't listen to him, he's a penis-head.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I'd say a combined degree to make the most out of BSc, but seeing as how she wants to do research, hons is probably the only option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)