physics and maths (1 Viewer)

jimmayxd

HSC
im a year 11 student currently loving the engineering side of things. I love engineering!
but the problem is i do general maths
and physics i enjoy them but not good at them. For some reason i like maths and physics!
but not smart or bright. help?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Well at UNSW 3 unit was the prerequisite for engineering... rightly so too. Ninjaneering maths is fucking hard.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
you only need 50 in each subject

so if you try hard you should be able to pick up enough marks to scrape through

(i'm counting on it in physics!)

sure as a professional engineer you might end up dangerously incompetent or unemployable, but it's all good

doink

Clone
HSC
Well you are going to find Engineering hard. You will probably fail the maths components of engineering unless you put in alot of effort, do at least 2 unit maths and try really hard. Go to UTS as well they are really good @ helping students passing the course.

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
jimmayxd said:
im a year 11 student currently loving the engineering side of things. I love engineering!
but the problem is i do general maths
and physics i enjoy them but not good at them. For some reason i like maths and physics!
but not smart or bright. help?
It's like, the start of the year. Can you change up from general? It's going to be a lot easier to catch up on a few weeks of missed maths at high school than it is to get enough maths behind you (coming from general) to beat eng maths at uni.

Maybe get a tutor or something if you're struggling.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
doink said:
Well you are going to find Engineering hard. You will probably fail the maths components of engineering unless you put in alot of effort, do at least 2 unit maths and try really hard. Go to UTS as well they are really good @ helping students passing the course.
your a bloody clown....lol

straight out, without even maths 2 unit, your going to struggle really really hard, your best bet is to take up 2 unit maths, or your willing to work your ass off in the maths component in uni.

Go to UNSW cause they are bullshitters like doink, they'll bullshit you into passing the maths components.

doink

Clone
HSC
So you just repeat what i say... good advice.

I don't go to UNSW btw.

And how do you bullshit someone into passing maths?? And UTS has targeted learning which is why they have the physics + maths exams before 1st semester.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
doink said:
So you just repeat what i say... good advice.

I don't go to UNSW btw.

And how do you bullshit someone into passing maths?? And UTS has targeted learning which is why they have the physics + maths exams before 1st semester.
suck the lecturers dick......like you, lets not bottle things up now doink.

doink

Clone
HSC
So you realised how stupid you were and decided to try and change the subject quickly before anyone realises that you are in-fact an idiot.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
doink said:
So you realised how stupid you were and decided to try and change the subject quickly before anyone realises that you are in-fact an idiot.
nope, i owned you in every statement!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You'll fail pretty hard man.

Engineering = maths and physics.

jimmayxd

HSC
alright,jb bc i really dont need negative feedback ><"" but if u say so o_O. captain gh3y thanks alot. Thanks to the other people who replied with good assisting info >< its built my self esteem =]

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y was joking you idiot.

"Why be politically correct when you can be right?"

If you suck at maths and physics you probably shouldn't read a degree 80% devoted to such things, just a fucking hint.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Build a bridge and get over it.
Bridge will collapse as he couldn't balance the forces correctly.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Uni physics...you know all that calculus and trig that the physics high school syllabus wouldn't touch? Yeah.

jimmayxd

HSC
i guess ur right.. but ill put in the hard yards.. always have ive been doing alright in general jsut got my test result .. wasn't that bad but 45/50. I jsut wanted some help lawl but thanks newaiz xd

Mumma

HSC
General maths will not prepare you one bit for uni maths. 2U might prepare you a tiny bit but uni maths will still be very rough on you. Best to do 3U atleast. If you can't do 3U then IMO you simply can't do engineering maths unless you really love maths (don't know why you'd do < 3U though) and work your ass off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)