B Science/B Arts. Questions! (1 Viewer)

tanna

HSC
Okay, so I'm thinking of doing a B Science/B Arts combined degree...somewhere

For the arts component, if I decide to major in psychology. Would it be any different if I majored in psychology for the science component? And if I do decide to become an accredited (clinical) psychologist and if I do my masters after, does this course allow me to be a clinical psychologist? Or would i have to transfer into the psychology (honours) course and then do my masters?

And does it matter what majors I choose for say, b science? Or can they be completely unrelated?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your input!

Ben1220

HSC
Okay, so I'm thinking of doing a B Science/B Arts combined degree...somewhere

For the arts component, if I decide to major in psychology. Would it be any different if I majored in psychology for the science component? And if I do decide to become an accredited (clinical) psychologist and if I do my masters after, does this course allow me to be a clinical psychologist? Or would i have to transfer into the psychology (honours) course and then do my masters?

And does it matter what majors I choose for say, b science? Or can they be completely unrelated?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your input!
It really depends on the University, each does it differently. You should however be able to do Masters and become an accredited psychologist with an arts/science degree with one of your majors in psychology, but again its not 100% certain and it would depend on the University. I suggest you have a look at the structure of the course for a few Universities that you are considering going to. There's probably some information online.

megalolz

HSC
I think the only uni that offers a double degree in arts and science is usyd...and it's a new course. haha im planning to get into psych through that too...i think the only difference with that is...with arts, you dont need to do that maths...but if you're getting into psych through science, then yeah. you need to do maths.

(well thats what it says on the uac guide)

HSC
I've got a question, half related to this thread, half not.

Is there any point studying a double degree of: B Arts/B Science to go into scientific research ?
Or would the Arts section of my degree be purely interest-driven?

Thanks for your input in advance :)

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Sorry the world doesn't need another Psychology major, if your interested in the brain do Neuroscience, otherwise find something else to do.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
sorry the world doesn't need another psychology major, if your interested in the brain do neuroscience, otherwise find something else to do.
+1

Or robotics - Psycho-Cybernetics is quite interesting!

Last edited:

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
I've got a question, half related to this thread, half not.

Is there any point studying a double degree of: B Arts/B Science to go into scientific research ?
Or would the Arts section of my degree be purely interest-driven?

Thanks for your input in advance :)
Depends on the Uni, you can usually supplement Science subs with whatever u want just through a B sci (i.e your electives). If your interested in research...lol then do Advanced Science or Medical Science or straight science, Arts is a waste of time IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)