mathematics bridging courses (1 Viewer)

/\/\/\/\

HSC
this is aimed at those who have done them in the past or plan on doing them

i was looking to do a bridging course as what i want to do assumes maths ext 1 and i only did 2U, are you required to do these courses (i mean will they let you in if you don't do them) or can you just learn it as you go along?

i looked at the application for the unsw ones and it said there was an exam at then end of it :S ... what happens if you don't pass... are there any consequences?
can you avoid these courses?
are they very beneficial?

....thanks

Morbo

HSC
i think i've read that you get like a certificate or somethin if you pass lol
I can confirm you do. I did the UNSW Physics Bridging Course and what a waste of money that was... and I didn't do Physics in HSC.

Morbo

HSC
Morbo, so you think its not worth it?? i heard its 40 hours of physics...
I didn't think it was that useful. You will be taught what you will need and if you've done 3 Unit Maths you'd already have done some projectile motion as well as a little on simple harmonic motion. The bridging course may be beneficial for those who haven't done any physics before and serves as a great introduction to forces, newtows laws, waves, etc. but you will relearn all those concepts in Physics 1A. Physics 1A is a difficult course (much more difficult than high school physics) especially since you'll be adjusting to uni life and what not. If you want to get a decent mark (not just a pass grade), you will need to work hard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)