Adv Sci > med sci ? (no misunderstandings plz)(dentistry related too) (1 Viewer)

kyeol58

HSC
Hi, I've heard that if you enroll into adv sci at usyd (or anywhere?) and if you take the same subjects as those taken in med sci, you can transfer into 2nd year med sci?

so if i was deciding b/w the tw i should defs take adv sci right?

and would med sci be a better stepping stone towards post grad dentistry?
I've heard the more practical aspects of med sci prepares the student better.... compared to those who have less experience.

any last min advice before i enroll tmr??

thanks

P.S
oh btw i've also heard that if you dont keep up at a certain level of achievement, you may be dropped from BSc (adv) to the normal BSc.
Is this true??? T__T I'm fairly confident on my math andd science, but what if i become a bludger or something... you nvr know T____T

anyway thanks in advanced!!!!!

.deimonic

HSC
Yes, in my first year I chose the exact same units as medical science students and ended up in lots of classes with them.

Choose medical science if you're really sure about what you're doing, if not go for advanced science.

Tim035

HSC
Adv Sci, B.Sci, Med Sci, it is all honestly the exact same thing. The only thing you'd be doing different by transferring from Adv Sci to Med Sci is what gets printed on your manuscript when you graduate.

For dentistry you'd probably benefit most from a major somewhere in physiology, anatomy, pathology. All of which are possible to major in with adv sci, or you can transfer to med sci, do the exact same subjects you'd do anyway in adv sci and wind up with the same major.

Most universities try to make adv sci prestigious by setting a minimal weighted average mark of 65, i.e. you need to be getting at least credits in all subjects. I think UNSW has even upped it to 70.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)