Atar requirements for veterinary science (Anywhere near Sydney)? (1 Viewer)

GorZTE

HSC
N/A
Soz if this is asked alot, but ye just asking. What is the atar requirements for veterinary science?

Jewls

HSC
N/A
Usyd is post grad now so is based on your other university degree marks and not ATAR. Unimelb and Uniade are the same. JCU and CSU seem to need the lowest markz but you need lots of farm animal experience. The marks for most vet degrees are declining due to low wages and rising unemployment of veteri.ary graduates.

Jewls

HSC
N/A

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The second link you have posted is for the post graduate degree (6 year double degree DVM). 2013 was the last year they offered the five year under graduate BVSc
It's a bit misleading to say it's a post graduate degree because that infers that there is a proviso stating that it is necessary to have completed Bachelor degree.

From what I understand, a WAM of >75 is necessary to guarantee entry into DVM (by the end of second year) with additional entrants allowed provided that there is excess capacity.

ocatal

HSC
The second link you have posted is for the post graduate degree (6 year double degree DVM). 2013 was the last year they offered the five year under graduate BVSc
Ohhh I see. My mistake..

Sami7197

HSC
Syd Uni offers both an undergraduate (6 year double degree of vet science and DVM) as well as a postgraduate degree (starts 2015 and is a 4 year DVM degree). I have extensively researched both Syd Uni and all other 6 units that offer vet science around australia for the past two years. The postgrad sounds like it could be a back way into a very competitive undergraduate degree. No ATAR has been released as of yet for the undergraduate degree however prerequisites for the postgrad have been released

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)