Bachelor of medical science or bachelor of science? :/ (1 Viewer)

whoiamiswhoiam

HSC
N/A
Hi :) I'm deciding on whether to choose a bachelor of science or bachelor of medical science. I want to know if you are able to get into med if yu do a science degree. Also after I graduate, what jobs can I get with a b science and b med science. Would it be more likely for me to get a job with a b science or b med science. Uhm cause if I don't get into med then I want to at least be able to find and get a job which i like, yu know find fun, interesting helpful to others but gives good pay as well I guess. What would yu recommend b science or med science? I read that a science degree is more flexible, but a med science degree would be best for training yu to do well in the gamsat. And it is easier to do better in science than med science and like to get into med, they look at how yur doing in yur degree, gamsat score and interview. Apparently people say yur screwed or something if yu don't get into med through medical science. If yu get more career opportunities with science and all these benefits, why is the atar cut off like higher... like some uni's make it around 10 points different, than just a b science? Having a tough time deciding... Haha

Thank you! :))

Last edited:
HSC
I was reading an article where most students (a large portion) who did science at university and graduated were often unemployed and unable to get a job in their field...

Not sure if it's correct but some people who I know have done medical science have not got a job in the field.

whoiamiswhoiam

HSC
N/A
>_____> well that sucks. Point of doing a degree that takes too much time money and stress to have no job in the end?
I heard that yu need an honours or masters to get anywhere. Just want to know which is the better out of the two (b science or b med science)

Last edited:

Ethicks

HSC
Medical Science is more likely to get you a job than just straight science.

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Medical Science would give you a great medical background for medicine. I think with both degrees the options are endless. You could for instance get into research by further completeing a post-grad qualification or get into HS teaching. But, definitely study medical science if you were planning to undertake medicine.

bangladesh

HSC
Medical Science is more likely to get you a job than just straight science.
lol, this is defs not true. B.Sci is a much more flexible degree than B.MedSci. Much harder to get a job with a medsci degree

Ethicks

HSC
lol, this is defs not true. B.Sci is a much more flexible degree than B.MedSci. Much harder to get a job with a medsci degree
My statement is indeed correct, when you do accredited medical science degrees you can easily apply for SO/TO positions within public hospitals or private. Even research if you're into that. https://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/S...=19&L=0&E=0&I=0&J=0&SC=0&P=0&S=0&H=0&T=0&EEO=

Now show me a list of jobs that a B.Science will 'easily' get you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)