Question for anyone for Biomed science/ B science/ advanced science courses atm? (1 Viewer)

MathsN00b

HSC
Do you know what careers you are aiming to do after completing your course? Did you actually enjoy doing them, and if not, did you end up doing another course?

Flop21

HSC
Can I also ask a semi-related question... anyone know what qualifications a medical lab technician would get? I don't want to be one, but curious.

EDIT: Also OP, you may be interested in becoming one. I think it would be a fun job.

MathsN00b

HSC
Can I also ask a semi-related question... anyone know what qualifications a medical lab technician would get? I don't want to be one, but curious.

EDIT: Also OP, you may be interested in becoming one. I think it would be a fun job.
I was actually researching stuff about medical lab technicians just a few minutes ago lol

MathsN00b

HSC
Although I'm still uncertain about the job prospects and whether I'll actually be enjoying doing the repetitive job for years.
its hard finding real people for advice about these things.

Flop21

HSC
Although I'm still uncertain about the job prospects and whether I'll actually be enjoying doing the repetitive job for years.
its hard finding real people for advice about these things.
https://www.reddit.com/r/medlabprofessionals/ for the med lab stuff.

Automation is going to just get bigger and bigger. That means those repetitive jobs are going to be taken over by new technology. Does this mean lab techs will become obsolute? Apparently not, the people over at that subreddit I linked are very adamant that they won't be replaced by robots. And I suppose that's true. There will always be a person in the lab needing to analyse results and make decisions etc. maybe make a post and ask more about what they do, or what they might suggest you do.

I can't think of what else you would do with a plain science or biomed degree. Science isn't great in Australia, but honestly I hear that about everything in Australia, so I say go ask over there and try and figure out what interests you the most. Then go and research the job prospects and if there will be a job for you waiting after you graduate (use whirlpool or reddit to find australia specific responses). Tbh I recommend just searching whatever career you're interested in, into reddit lol. I say this a lot but it's what I do. You find people who are actually in the profession to help you out.

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)