How do you become an agriculture teacher + q about teaching science added (1 Viewer)

mamehapumpkin

HSC
How do you become an agriculture teacher? It seems a lot of science degrees combined with teaching allowing you to study specifically to become chemistry, biology, math teachers etc.. but nothing about agriculture. Could I do an agriculture degree, then another thing to become qualified for teaching?

addition:

I am wondering if you want to teach biology, will you also be required to teach other sciences like chem and physics when you start working? because the way I'm looking at the structure of my units/degree, basically all my units will be for biology, so I don't feel I would have enough knowledge to teach chem and physics. can you exclusively just teach bio?

Last edited:

bangladesh

HSC
Re: How do you become an agriculture teacher

bachelor of agriculture ->masters of teaching? Not too sure this is just what i thought of. Also im pretty sure agriculture is one of those subjects where u don't need a degree or diploma to teach it (like PDHPE, VA etc)

mamehapumpkin

HSC
Re: How do you become an agriculture teacher

I see... yeah seems to be I need to do a degree in ag then teaching.

Also I have another teaching question for anyone who knows...

if I want to teach biology, when I start working will I be required to also teach other science subjects like chem and physics? I ask because the way I would structure my major will be basically all bio units. So I don't think I would have the knowledge to teach other sciences. Anyone know about this and how it works?

Flop21

HSC
I would imagine you'd be expected to teach 7-10 science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)