Deadline is near, need help for science teaching. (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Basically I want to become a science teacher (mainly biology and/or chemistry) and the university I'm planning on going to is UTS. I know there isn't a course that is structured around the HSC science courses or the prelim ( and earlier years like Year 7, 8 and so on). Which makes me confused, how do I know what course to do (obviously science related)? I was thinking of doing Biomedical Science (which might help me for Biology and Chemistry) but how about teaching science for Year 7, 8 and so on. I'm so confused right now and don't know which course to choose, hopefully someone understands what I'm saying.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
u major in a specific science area(biology), im not sure exactly for UTS but at UNSW u still require few units of chem/phys etc.. in 3rd/4th year u learn the high school syllabus in the specified teaching areas(UNSW again), so dont worry about it

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
There's UTS info day tmrw. Maybe you can ask some of the staff there :)
Yeah I'm going today but I just got abit worried yesterday lol.

u major in a specific science area(biology), im not sure exactly for UTS but at UNSW u still require few units of chem/phys etc.. in 3rd/4th year u learn the high school syllabus in the specified teaching areas(UNSW again), so dont worry about it
Because I was planning on doing Master of Teaching at UNSW after completing Biomedical Science, is that when they go over the syllabus?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I'm not 100% but I don't think you actually learn the syllabus dot point by dot point in uni...

Like I am going to become a history teacher but I don't think they are going to teach me every (or even most) topic/s that I could teach be teaching in my career. It's up to the students to look at the syllabus when considering picking our majors/minors/electives if it's that important to us and even then - the syllabus could always change by the time we get jobs.

The Master of Teaching is more about how to psychologically be a teacher, handle kids, deal with bad behaviour, etc. if I remember correctly. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)