Medicinal Chemistry- UNSW or UOW ? (1 Viewer)

JLKS

HSC
I am currently in a mind-boggling situation and some advice would be much appreciated.
I have recieved an offer into Medicinal Chemistry (Honours) Deans Scholar at UOW but I also received an offer to study Medicinal Chemistry (Honours) at UNSW.

Which is a better choice in terms of future opportunities and the education I will recieve, UOW Deans Scholar Undergraduate Bachelor or UNSW Undergraduate Bachelor?

So, UNSW or UOW for Medicinal Chemistry ???
(Thank you in advance)

Snowflek

HSC
Just out of curiosity, what type of jobs would one get from medicincal chemistry? Cause i heard medical science in general is a horrible course and that people shouldn't pick it. Correct me if im wrong.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Essentially you are getting the same degree so you need to think about what uni offers you other than academics, e.g. Proximity, facilities, student life, trimester/semester system

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity, what type of jobs would one get from medicincal chemistry? Cause i heard medical science in general is a horrible course and that people shouldn't pick it. Correct me if im wrong.
Research pharmacology type stuff

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Medical science is quite different from medicinal chemistry (the former is a more general course compared to the latter-which is much more focused on a specific branch of chemistry)

Snowflek

HSC
If u want to research and design drugs yes but if u want to be a pharmacist no
Oh wow cool! I do have interest in drugs and how they work, what they do to the human body as well as designing drugs which seems very interesting aswell! Thank you for providing me with more ideas about my future! :D
Edit: What do you call those people who research and design drugs?

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Oh wow cool! I do have interest in drugs and how they work, what they do to the human body as well as designing drugs which seems very interesting aswell! Thank you for providing me with more ideas about my future! :D
Edit: What do you call those people who research and design drugs?
Clinical Pharmacologist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)