advanced math at uni (1 Viewer)

PF

HSC
i've already asked abt math at uni...
but i was wondering, does anyone know why advanced science + commerce isn't available at either usyd or unsw? isn't there ANY way to combine advanced math (from advanced science) and commerce??

thanx!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
PF said:
but i was wondering, does anyone know why advanced science + commerce isn't available at either usyd or unsw? isn't there ANY way to combine advanced math (from advanced science) and commerce??

thanx!
Last time I checked, adv maths and commerce is available from USyd.

Be aware that at USyd there is no difference between someone who completes an adv maths degree and someone who majors in maths in science adv, so BSc (adv) and BSc (Adv maths) are equivalent.

In the end, just enrol in combined science commerce, and do adv maths major.

SeDaTeD

HSC
You would select the combined science and commerce uac code when applying, and once you get offered, you can choose to be placed in the adv or adv maths stream if you meet the qualifications for those respective streams.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
PF said:

thanx!
I went to the advanced science info lecture on the UNSW Courses and Careers Day and the lecturer said that they were considering an adv sci/comm type combination that might be starting next year. If you are interested, he said that you should apply for comm/sci and once accepted for that and if it does end up going ahead, then you elect the combined degree just before the start of semester.

Affinity

HSC
most of the degree names are marketing gimmicks

Affinity

HSC
I hold a negative opinion on the proliferation of degree names. The only effect it seems to have is giving an impression that the training was narrow, to those who are not familiar with the system here.

PF: Unless they changed their policy, anything available to BSc(Adv Maths) students is available to ordinary BSc students, including the TSP provided that your 4 Unit mark/ UAI is high enough/you did well in the AMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)