Imc 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vafa

HSC
N/A
IMC is the international mathematic competition for university students. I was delighted to see some Australian universities in this year ranking but unfortunately Australia did not perform well this year. Iran did quite well and its 3 universities are included in ranking:
3-Sharif university of technology
34-Isfahan university of technology
39-university of Tehran

results are avaliable at : http://www.imc-math.org.uk/imc2006/IMC06team.htm

I also have attached this year's questions and answers.

View attachment 13694

View attachment 13695

for previous years results, photos, questions and solutions and other related material you may look at: www.imc-maths.org

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Erm where does it show Australian universities? I didnt see any.

Also, those questions dont look *that* difficult.

vafa

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Erm where does it show Australian universities? I didnt see any.

Also, those questions dont look *that* difficult.
This is a list of only those teams with at least 3 participants, and for each team their score is the sum of the top three participants plus the average of the whole team and I agree that questions were not very difficult. I remember the questions that I had to do in IMO 1999were much harder but IMC needs to be harder in a way than IMO because as a university student you may have a wider knowlede of mathematical concepts.You may remember my name. My name is Amir Ajorlou and I scored 34 and my rank was 15.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Sorry, I dont know who you are.

But this lists teams even with 1 member, and i dont see any australian universities.

vafa

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
Sorry, I dont know who you are.

But this lists teams even with 1 member, and i dont see any australian universities.
well I have not craeted IMC and in this case it is not my problem.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
vafa said:
well I have not craeted IMC and in this case it is not my problem.
But you said "I was delighted to see some Australian universities in this year ranking but unfortunately Australia did not perform well this year." Implying you saw somewhere that they did compete :/

SeDaTeD

HSC
The standard of questions is absolutely no where near the level of the IMO. Also, there don't seem to be many big name US or British universities, and as LottoX mentioned, Chinese Universities. Probably speaks more about the actual competition rather than the actual universities.

modezero

HSC
vafa's sig said:
My name is AMIR AJORLOU. I participated in IMO 1999 and my score was 34/39(I had a Gold Medal). I am an international student and so I work as a mathematics tutor. If you need a tutor, then please email me.(email:mr_ajorlou@yahoo.com)
I smell bullshit here.
Firstly, the IMO is out of 42, maybe you made the mistake of thinking it was out of 39 because 39 was the highest score in 1999.
Secondly, if you did compete in the 1999 IMO, what does http://community.boredofstudies.org/2519878/post-8.html mean?

vafa

HSC
N/A
modezero said:
I smell bullshit here.
Firstly, the IMO is out of 42, maybe you made the mistake of thinking it was out of 39 because 39 was the highest score in 1999.
Secondly, if you did compete in the 1999 IMO, what does http://community.boredofstudies.org/2519878/post-8.html mean?
look at this: http://imo.math.ca/IMO/results/99/clasament.html.

then I am doing year 12 this year in Australia but I am not 16 years of age. I am 22. I was born 1984. I am a Bahai and Because of my religon I came to Australia about 1 year ago. I was going to study pure mathematics but because I knew know English, they did not let me and they said you need to improve your English and so I wanted to do year 12 because by the way I could do other things than English.

Look at the above url which i have indicated, my rank was 15 that year.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
modezero said:
I smell bullshit here.
Second that. Plus do you really think an IMO gold medallist (from overseas) would choose an Australian university, when Harvard, Princeton etc will make their offers?

vafa

HSC
N/A
Templar said:
Second that. Plus do you really think an IMO gold medallist (from overseas) would choose an Australian university, when Harvard, Princeton etc will make their offers?
I did not choose any Australian univewrsities, I had to come to Australia. I already explained it briefly but you people are used to not use your brains.

I am a bahai and if government in iran finds out that you are bahai, then they will kill you. I hope at least you have got some information about that.
I went to turkey by illegal way because they do not give passport to bahais, then UNHCR accepted me as a refugee and because I had gold medal in IMo, then UNHCR sent my stuffs to Australian embassy, Australia accepted me and then I came to Australia. I did not choose Australia, I had to come here because my life was in danger and if you have probelms with believing that I had a gold medal in IMO, then that will not be my issue.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You still miss the fact that if you really were that person you could have easily filed for a scholarship in any prestigeous uni in the US or UK and got in.

It's not our problem you have no proof that you have won a gold medal. Anyone can pretend to be one. "I'm Geoffrey Chu, I won a gold in 1999 too."

And learn to spell properly.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think that is enough.

On the internet, it does no good producing your identity, real or not. It is an excellent equalising medium and we do not care, for the most part, whether you can barely grasp simple arithmetic or have a gold in the IMO; it is how you act towards others, whether explicitly or implicitly that determines how they will react to you, and it is also what determines your internet identity. Flaunting genius, imagined or not, tends to produce negative reactions. In real life I'm sure your students would be pleased if their tutor had a gold in an IMO, and that is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)