• Finance related

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No maths

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm just wondering how many of you intend to pursue maths and maths related subjects at uni.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
actuarial (maths in a financial context) hopefully, if not com/law or some thing with law (which has little to no maths)

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
USYD has that BSc/MBBS
If next yr they have a BSc/BA/MBBS or such, I'd do maths there =p
PhB at ANU would give a chance to do a reasonable minor in maths...
Otherwise, meh a few credit pts at most.

nit

HSC
Yeh that USYD course is my first preference. BSc/BA/MBBS sounds like a fair bit of work, and a lot of degrees at the same time. That is pretty doubtful, I think, because you normally get the arts component done in 2nd/3rd year right? I don't know, maybe something like science/arts then MBBS. If that was on offer I probably would've considered that too. But yeh, the new BSc/MBBS thing has an intake of 10, though if you don't do combined med sci, you can still do that with less pressure.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
nit said:
Yeh that USYD course is my first preference. BSc/BA/MBBS sounds like a fair bit of work, and a lot of degrees at the same time. That is pretty doubtful, I think, because you normally get the arts component done in 2nd/3rd year right? I don't know, maybe something like science/arts then MBBS. If that was on offer I probably would've considered that too. But yeh, the new BSc/MBBS thing has an intake of 10, though if you don't do combined med sci, you can still do that with less pressure.
BSci/MBBS is 7 years, if they ever had a BSci/BA/MBBS I presume it would be 8-9 years. Don't really want to go through the GAMSAT ordeal, but I would rather wait a few years 'til starting med.

Ahh well I'd say BA>BSci when combinin...hence UNSW>USYD...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
At the moment i'm hoping to do BSc (Adv) Physics into Medicine. BSc/MBBS would be the ultimate thing to get into for me but, as you guys are probably aware, it's a nasty one to get into.

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
comm/law. but probably not. I prefer to go for the more bludgey arts/law.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
BSc(Maths and some Comp Sci)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
KFunk said:
At the moment i'm hoping to do BSc (Adv) Physics into Medicine. BSc/MBBS would be the ultimate thing to get into for me but, as you guys are probably aware, it's a nasty one to get into.
well u got to be desparate to get med.. :)
i got med .. i did 1st yr worth of BEng maths

and want a BMedSci too .. but srsly with 15 yrs ahead MBBS +Fellows.. whoever wants to go far in a single field should concentrate tho ..
I was enrolled in Acturial studies/law at Macq :) so hey mabbe ull get lucky :f

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)