Holiday pre-study (1 Viewer)

gleeek

HSC
*Sorry just realised I posted this in the wrong section before

Hello, 2013ers! Have any of you done any study these holidays? I have starting writing notes for belonging and reading Frankenstein and in a few days I'm going to read over my first topics.

Talk talk talk

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Yeah I'm getting started on my Biology syllabus, and then for English our school is starting with Module B next term so doing prac essays and writing notes on all the speeches.

I think it's good to get started over the holidays (doesn't have to be extreme) but at least you're more prepared and ready to settle into year 12.

Mdzabakly

HSC
What i have done for HSC....
Full written note book for biology first 3 topics.
Analysis of all prescribed and 3 related texts for english belonging
half of belonging narrative written
Math study for prelim because i did bad in yearlies

hayabusaboston

HSC
I say you studied hard for yearlies, now you expect to maintain momentum in yr 12 study IN YOUR LAST HOLIDAYS BEFORE FREEDOM IS LOST!?!??! no thats a bad idea I think. Me personally I did physics and chem for the first few days of holidays then thought no fuck that, im never getting any more decent holidays ever again. Im just going to go crazy having fun. I highly recommend you do so too. ONLY go crazy studying in 6 week holidays, then EVERYONE's studying pretty much.

gleeek

HSC
Wowww, you've done so much! I am definitely motivated to do my work now

gleeek

HSC
I say you studied hard for yearlies, now you expect to maintain momentum in yr 12 study IN YOUR LAST HOLIDAYS BEFORE FREEDOM IS LOST!?!??! no thats a bad idea I think. Me personally I did physics and chem for the first few days of holidays then thought no fuck that, im never getting any more decent holidays ever again. Im just going to go crazy having fun. I highly recommend you do so too. ONLY go crazy studying in 6 week holidays, then EVERYONE's studying pretty much.
Yes, I completely understand what you're saying but I am currently on my 10th day of holidays and I haven't done any work and have been out alomost everyday. So that's why I want to start now. I feel relaxed and re-energised.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Yes, I completely understand what you're saying but I am currently on my 10th day of holidays and I haven't done any work and have been out alomost everyday. So that's why I want to start now. I feel relaxed and re-energised.

Oh in that case you can go for it, start on notes for all your subjects and work ahead.

But srsly I feel quite energised too, but these are honestly the last holidays of fun you're gonna get, appreciate every second of them :)

ayeplus_

HSC
I'm going to revise a lot for Chemistry and maths since my performances were mediocre.
Gonna write practice essays for Business, write creative writing pieces and practice essayss for English.
I'm going to write notes for the Biology syllabus and lightly read over Hamlet.

Charlotte00

HSC
I've read my english texts, am reading my Bio textbooks.
I've written notes for English and music 2.
Before holidays are over, I also intend to learn the first term of general maths.

alphophil

HSC
N/A
Trust me, enjoy the break.
You will have PLENTY of time to do HSC work in the coming 12 months so don't stress or start feeling guilty about anything.
I really hope you guys have a really decent holiday and be out of your room more than you're in it.

flower3000

HSC

ummm do you mean first three topics of maintaining a balance or the core modules

other then that great job, I really hope you do get 99.95

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
To all people about to enter year 12: SAVOUR YOUR LAST PERIOD OF FREEDOM YOU'LL REGRET NOT DOING IT SERIOUSLY

Capt Rifle

HSC
To all people about to enter year 12: SAVOUR YOUR LAST PERIOD OF FREEDOM YOU'LL REGRET NOT DOING IT SERIOUSLY
Yeh Will Im doing 4unit math, so I guess it will be wise to study these holidays haha. Plus I have a week left and my progression with complex numbers is about 40 %, will I be able to finish before the holidays? Thanks

nifkeh

HSC
I've started today *only* trying to finish the ch.15 quadratic topic in the 3u maths J&C book cuz yeah I didn't quite fully finish all my yr 11 maths hw lol

I would have started for english however teacher never told us which path we were going, i.e. the frankenstein & dickinson route or the great gatsby and browning one

maybe I'll write notes on fiftieth gate and hamlet (critical studies sigh)

tried looking at some chem past hsc papers and read some bit of space topic for physics

maybe I shall starting thinking about belonging creative, I def fail at those because I don't have a good idea

Mdzabakly

HSC
ummm do you mean first three topics of maintaining a balance or the core modules

other then that great job, I really hope you do get 99.95
umm first three core moduels yea. stopped at the last one cuz i didnt know what we were doing. oh buti did it in prelim time so yea,
Thanks Man :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)