Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: STATE RANKING CHEM (3rd) AND BIO (12th) and MODERN NOTES

HSC
    N/A

Re: STATE RANKING CHEM (3rd) AND BIO (12th) and MODERN NOTES

Bump mate, you seem to be attaining some fantastic reviews. Guys, not only does Kamal seemingly have awesome state-ranking notes, but he offered to help me with any study enquiries gladly unlike many other tutors and note-sellers who seem to be hell-bent on making money as their only priority. Such a shame you don't sell preliminary notes for Chem Kamal..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraken View Post
    Lol fak my uncle just told me I have very distant and slight Greek and arab ancestry mixed in with my paki/Indian heritage

Dammit why am I still such a nigga

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by theind1996 View Post
    Bump mate, you seem to be attaining some fantastic reviews. Guys, not only does Kamal seemingly have awesome state-ranking notes, but he offered to help me with any study enquiries gladly unlike many other tutors and note-sellers who seem to be hell-bent on making money as their only priority. Such a shame you don't sell preliminary notes for Chem Kamal..
    Not a problem mate, cheers for the comment. Of course there were plenty of people I relied on for advice during my HSC, I am merely returning the favour to those still going!

Sorry my prelim notes weren't good enough to sell!
    HSC 2008: Chemistry Accelerant HSC Mark 99 (3rd in state)
    HSC 2009: English (94), Modern History (96), Maths Extension One (96), Maths Extension Two (93), Biology (96) (12th in state)
    NSW ATAR 2009: 99.95

Offering Chemistry, Biology, English and Modern History tutoring:
    http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=252863

Due to popular demand also selling notes now:
    http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=270810

Rambling Spirit
    HSC
    N/A

I would like to thank Kamal for sending me his notes. I was one of the lucky people that got picked.

Even though I do not do Chemistry, I wanted to study it after the HSC and Kamal was kind enough to give me these notes for free. After flicking through all the 350 pages + I could see the amount of effort he put into them, there's plenty of diagrams, pretty colours and pure awesomeness and of course the notes are in tip-top shape and of great quality and of course exam style questions!

He even sent me his lesson plans which are worth $800 that he made for a tutoring company. So all in all, these notes are very concise, straight to the point with high detail. Wish I studied Chemistry.

Thanks a million Kamal and may the force be with you! ^_^

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralFlex View Post
    I would like to thank Kamal for sending me his notes. I was one of the lucky people that got picked.

Even though I do not do Chemistry, I wanted to study it after the HSC and Kamal was kind enough to give me these notes for free. After flicking through all the 350 pages + I could see the amount of effort he put into them, there's plenty of diagrams, pretty colours and pure awesomeness and of course the notes are in tip-top shape and of great quality and of course exam style questions!

He even sent me his lesson plans which are worth $800 that he made for a tutoring company. So all in all, these notes are very concise, straight to the point with high detail. Wish I studied Chemistry.

Thanks a million Kamal and may the force be with you! ^_^

Good to see you liked them buddy! Another winner of free notes guys!. Try your luck next week!
    HSC 2009: English (94), Modern History (96), Maths Extension One (96), Maths Extension Two (93), Biology (96) (12th in state)

HSC

Bump!

HSC

Kamal's notes are amazing!!! very comprehensive, cover the syllabus really well, very colourful and easy to understand, they have everything you could want in notes and at a very reasonable price! extremely satisfied and am feeling confident about the HSC! Thanks kamal

HSC

Hi my fellow HSC-errerrs?

I Just wanted to let everyone know that Kamal has by far the best notes I have ever seen for chemistry!

I was fortunate enough to receive Kamal's notes and lesson plans and intend to put them to good use for my HSC.

Firstly the Dot Point notes are completely syllabus oriented and focus only on what you will need to know for the HSC. You avoid all the unnecessary information that is in pretty much all chemistry text books today. The notes have been well thought out and have been summarised for you and is a product of HOURS and HOURS of hard of work. It really saves you time if you need a to revision before your next lesson, your next assessment task and even the HSC. I really hate notes that lack colour and diagrams and are heavily text based HOWEVER these notes are AWESOME! they have all the important diagrams that will help you during the HSC if you cant remember something during the exams and remember that a picture paints a thousand words so if you can remember the picture, you can pretty much explain your way out of anything

The Lesson notes that were written for a tutoring company are HSC Question based. They prepare you by providing you with information on a dot point that you will be covering and then HSC questions that relate to that dot point to reinforce your knowledge. It is a clear indicator of what types of questions you can expect in you assessment tasks and in the HSC.

Overall-The best notes that I have ever seen! Highly detailed syllabus notes, Well thought out, Has HSC Questions to prepare you for an exam, Plenty of colour, Has some very important diagrams and overall going to save me so much preparation time during the HSC.

Thanks Kamal for the amazing notes!

To everyone else reading this: Buy the notes!!! you won't regret it They are the best notes out there!
    Higher School Certificate 2012: Biology | Physics | Chemistry | Mathematics Extension 1 | Mathematics Extension 2 | English Advanced

ATAR Goal: >99.0

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Le Bonbon View Post
    Kamal's notes are amazing!!! very comprehensive, cover the syllabus really well, very colourful and easy to understand, they have everything you could want in notes and at a very reasonable price! extremely satisfied and am feeling confident about the HSC! Thanks kamal
    Quote Originally Posted by nike7 View Post
    Hi my fellow HSC-errerrs?

I Just wanted to let everyone know that Kamal has by far the best notes I have ever seen for chemistry!

I was fortunate enough to receive Kamal's notes and lesson plans and intend to put them to good use for my HSC.

Firstly the Dot Point notes are completely syllabus oriented and focus only on what you will need to know for the HSC. You avoid all the unnecessary information that is in pretty much all chemistry text books today. The notes have been well thought out and have been summarised for you and is a product of HOURS and HOURS of hard of work. It really saves you time if you need a to revision before your next lesson, your next assessment task and even the HSC. I really hate notes that lack colour and diagrams and are heavily text based HOWEVER these notes are AWESOME! they have all the important diagrams that will help you during the HSC if you cant remember something during the exams and remember that a picture paints a thousand words so if you can remember the picture, you can pretty much explain your way out of anything

The Lesson notes that were written for a tutoring company are HSC Question based. They prepare you by providing you with information on a dot point that you will be covering and then HSC questions that relate to that dot point to reinforce your knowledge. It is a clear indicator of what types of questions you can expect in you assessment tasks and in the HSC.

Overall-The best notes that I have ever seen! Highly detailed syllabus notes, Well thought out, Has HSC Questions to prepare you for an exam, Plenty of colour, Has some very important diagrams and overall going to save me so much preparation time during the HSC.

Thanks Kamal for the amazing notes!

To everyone else reading this: Buy the notes!!! you won't regret it They are the best notes out there!
    Good to hear you liked them guys! Keep the calls coming!

HSC
    Uni Grad

I thought 99 sounded dodgy since 49/50 was the highest for a few years now then I checked the 2009 one and it was 49/50 and I was like DODGY! Then I read the "Accelerated" part and look at 2008 and say Max Mark: 50/50.

NOT DODGY XD

Anyway, I'm too poor to buy notes =/
    Last edited by someth1ng; 31 Jan 2012 at 6:21 PM.
    Penrith High School '12

Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Chemistry, Environmental Studies) '15
    University of Sydney

Bachelor of Science (Advanced) (Honours) (Chemistry)
    University of Sydney

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by someth1ng View Post
    I thought 99 sounded dodgy since 49/50 was the highest for a few years now then I checked the 2009 one and it was 49/50 and I was like DODGY! Then I read the "Accelerated" part and look at 2008 and say Max Mark: 50/50.

NOT DODGY XD

Anyway, I'm too poor to buy notes =/
    Hahah I gaurantee its not dodgy! But cos you went to soo much work to prove it, shoot me an email, and I'll get you the notes for free?

HSC
    Uni Grad

Out of interest, what do your Modern notes contain and how are they structured?
    B.A. , LL.B. (Syd) '16

HSC

Hey alstah, you're from Toongabbie too!

The big mistake people make with Modern notes is try to address each individual point in the syllabus without any thought as to coalescing them. Each Modern syllabus document has on it a set of key concepts (about 7-8) right at the top. They are your essay questions, that is what will be asked in the test. If you have addressed the entire syllabus document below these but have no idea how to organise them under the key concepts then you won't get far. My notes are designed so that the syllabus is addressed under the key concepts, they are basically ready made essays to mould! I'll attach a sample of it to show. The sample related to the key concept in Weimar Republic about the German Army. Such notes can be easily be used to answer HSC questions. INFLUENCE OF THE GERMAN ARMY.doc <-- notes

And I've also attached an essay from an HSC question addressing the same topic to show how they can be used in exams!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Executive Member
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Very interested in your notes

I don't teach chemistry atm, but am looking to in the next year or two. I'm sure your notes/lesson plan doolies would be an awesome help

Could you pls shoot me a PM regarding price, that would be awesome

Thx
    Visit My Website | Like My Facebook Page | Need HSC Physics Tutoring?

HSC Physics 2018 - CLASSES FILLED
    Preliminary Physics 2018 - CLASSES FILLED

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy_Cyst View Post
    Very interested in your notes

I don't teach chemistry atm, but am looking to in the next year or two. I'm sure your notes/lesson plan doolies would be an awesome help

Could you pls shoot me a PM regarding price, that would be awesome

Thx
    Messaged you!

And I just got 'fizzy-cyst' clever!

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal15 View Post
    Messaged you!

And I just got 'fizzy-cyst' clever!
    Read what I just sent you bro!
    UTS Bus/Law IV
    On track for Sem 1 2018 graduation

HSC

pm'ed bro

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual Being View Post
    Read what I just sent you bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatest99.95 View Post
    pm'ed bro
    Responded guys!

HSC
    Uni Grad

I have received these notes from Kamal for free due to my financial circumstances and I find them to be top notch and I have seen one other set of state rank notes for comparison.

The first thing I noticed in Kamal's notes is that there are no spelling mistakes and some dot points such as the first hand investigations were NOT skipped unlike the other set. In addition, this set of notes adds some extra and useful information that I did not know - the notes say "SYSTEMATIC NAME: Phenylethene, Ethenyl benzene". I never knew about the first name but I decided to check with Wikipedia and found it was the preferred name - who knew? Other things that it includes is "crystal polystyrene and expanded polystyrene" - I have only found that they had specific names - my other set of notes only stated that there were two types of PS, one that was hard used for cases and one soft used as foam. I find that knowing the specific names are critical to showing the examiner your knowledge of the topic and Kamal's notes do this perfectly.

So, I kept going through the notes briefly and I found this: "5.1.4 Identify instruments and processes that can be used to detect radiation" - there were five ways to detect radiation on Kamal's notes and my comparison notes, there were much less with only one and barely any information on it. Kamal's notes even explain how they work!

For his radioisotopes, Kamal used Sodium-24 and Technetium-99m. His notes state: "Technetium-99m is used to detect blood clots, constrictions and other circulation disorders as well as detecting brain tumours and heart conditions" - this statement correctly and concisely summarises the purpose of Technetium-99m in Medicine. My comparison notes only say "Technetium-99m used in medical tracer diagnosis" - this is brief and does it truly explain what tracer diagnosis is and what the radioisotope is specifically used for. Kamal wins again.

Now, moving on to the Acidic Environment - "pH < 7 at 25C" - specifically stating at 25C follows the HSC syllabus since it highlights how the test for pH is based on lab conditions. This is good as it is being precise - kudos! Kamal continues the completion of first hand investigations - "1.2.1 Perform a first-hand investigation to prepare and test a natural indicator" is fully complete with the whole scientific method. There is Aim to Conclusion and even includes reliability and accuracy. Solid.

There is also many examples for those that love examples (like me). "EG: N2O4 (g) (1 mole) <--> 2NO2 (g) (2 moles)" and a much, much better explanation referencing to Gay Lussac's laws that is clear and easy to understand.

Moving on, I have finally found my first error but it's really isn't an issue "HCL" instead of what correctly is, "HCl". This is a minor error and anybody doing Chemistry should know that it is correctly "HCl" due to the obvious context it was used in (Acids). No harm done. Nothing compared to the errors in the other notes "Addiction Reaction" instead of "Addition Reaction".

The last thing that I noticed is that there are sample HSC questions/answers as well - and yes, they are very good answers.

Since I have not done the rest of the topics, I cannot comment but I can say that they look just as good as the first two sections. The option topic included is Industrial Chemistry but I will not be doing that topic - unfortunately.

In conclusion, Kamal's notes are probably the best it can get - I found everything to be perfect. I found 1 minor error where the correction is obvious and no harm would be done as said during the review. I highly recommend these notes as they are full of information yet concise. Again, I would like to thank Kamal for helping me by giving me his Chemistry notes.

Final Rating: 9.5/10
    Last edited by someth1ng; 4 Feb 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Penrith High School '12

University of Sydney

University of Sydney

HSC

Wow! Thank you soo much for that review!

Just with that mistake, Hydrochloric acid can be written either way, in fact Wiki gives it as HCl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrochloric_acid

If you find any other mistakes please let me know, I'll correct them for the subsequent students!

Kamal

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal15 View Post
    Just with that mistake, Hydrochloric acid can be written either way, in fact Wiki gives it as HCl
    I meant that "HCl" is correct way (AFAIK) and "HCL" is incorrect since it suggests that L is a molecule - this is in HSC atleast - if "HCL" is considered correct at uni level then that is beyond me. I'll report on any errors when I read through the notes in the near future.
    Last edited by someth1ng; 4 Feb 2012 at 11:14 PM.
    Penrith High School '12

University of Sydney

University of Sydney

HSC

Ohh Got it!

As I said, can be written both ways you won't lose a mark!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HCL

Executive Member
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Recieved his notes/lesson plans yesterday.

1 word.
    AWESOME!

May as well just throw away the other sets of state ranking notes I have, I find Kamal's notes to be much more thorough, but they do not contain an abundance of irrelevant information. It is always good to know more useful information for dot points with verbs such as 'identify' -- other notes just merely state the name or function of whatever the dot point is about, but he actually explains! Even though that may be beyond what is required for the syllabus, it always helps tie together various dot points.

It's also awesome how he has questions embedded in his notes and explanations.

Best chemistry notes I have purchased, period. I know these will help me get back up to speed
    Visit My Website | Like My Facebook Page | Need HSC Physics Tutoring?

HSC Physics 2018 - CLASSES FILLED
    Preliminary Physics 2018 - CLASSES FILLED

HSC
    Uni Grad

Kamal, may I ask what you decided to do at university? Considering that you got 99.95 and high scores in all departments - it would be interesting to know which you chose.
    Penrith High School '12

University of Sydney

University of Sydney

HSC

A free bump for Kamal. Keep up the good work.

PhD, University of Cambridge, 09-12
    MSc, UNSW, 08-09
    BMedSc (Hons I), UNSW, 04-07

HSC

Kamal was generous enough to me the gawdly notes today for free as I was struggling with chemistry

These notes are awesome!
    WAY better than any other notes I have read including the chem notes by Ahmad.
    They are clear, concise and straight to the point and in the HSC this is crucial! They also give you confidence in knowing that the notes have covered every aspect of the syllabus and you will know everything that will be in the test. Coming from a school that is ranked around 300th these notes have given me a boost in confidence for HSC chemistry and a shot at a band 6
    Also included with the notes were the lesson plans. These allow a further insight not only into the notes but about the HSC exam and the very important verbs used by the BOS.
    So if you are having trouble in understanding some concepts or just looking to get that extra mark in HSC chemistry, I strongly advise that you get Kamal's notes.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information