Selling HSC Economics Notes (97) & Sorted HSC Questions | 98 External (96/100 Raw) | (1 Viewer)

DennyDien

HSC
Selling HSC Economics Essentials by Denny Dien

Hey,

My name is Denny Dien and I graduated from Sydney Boys High School in 2013 with an ATAR of 99.75.

I received a mark of 97 for Economics (95 internal, 98 external) and my raw marks were:
MC: 18/20
SA: 40/40
Q25 (Exchange Rates): 19/20
Q27 (Free Trade & Protection): 19/20

After my HSC, I began tutoring economics and preparing these "Economics Essentials," which basically covers all you need to know to do extremely well. They provide an extremely concise overview of textbook theory and concepts, as well as detailed analysis of each topic in relation to Australia; incorporating statistics, examples, diagrams and economic theory.

I realised that by truly understanding the basic theory and key concepts, there is no real need for extremely long and detailed notes. This is why I only provide a very brief overview of theory in the first section of each chapter. These foundations are essential towards achieving top marks in the multiple choice and short answers. I do try to clear up some concepts by explaining them in a simpler manner throughout the entire document. The

However, the second section of each chapter tends to be more comprehensive - focusing primarily on trends in relation to Australia. One of the more time consuming and tougher parts of the course is writing essays. I know that it requires a lot of effort to pick out all the important information when you have so many resources to look through, and so many things to include.
The purpose of the second section is to make that easier for you, putting everything you need in one document. When it comes to essays, theory itself is not enough to write an excellent response. It is essential to draw together theory and an analysis of the Australia economy in a logical and flowing response that is backed up with statistics, examples, diagrams and economic theory - and this is exactly what you will get.

These notes were last updated in January 2015 and I'm no longer tutoring so I thought I'd share these notes for free.

They cover the entire HSC course and will be a valuable resource towards understanding key concepts and writing high quality essays, allowing you to achieve top marks in your upcoming exams

They have been broken down into 13 Chapters:
- Globalisation
- International Organisations and Government Forums
- Free Trade & Protection
- Balance of Payments
- Exchange Rates
- Economic Growth
- Unemployment
- Inflation
- External Stability
- Distribution of Income and Wealth
- Environmental Sustainability
- Macroeconomic Policies
- Microeconomic Policies

View attachment Economics Essentials (by Denny Dien) - Jan 2015.pdf

Thanks!

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
Re: Economics Essentials | 99.75 ATAR | Economics (97) |

Bump for Denny! I'd definitely recommend you guys to purchase his Economics notes. His external marks say it all. :)

Examine

same
HSC
Re: Selling HSC Economics Notes (97) & Sorted HSC Questions | 98 External (96/100 Raw

Bump

DennyDien

HSC
Re: Selling HSC Economics Notes (97) & Sorted HSC Questions | 98 External (96/100 Raw

I am selling my completed copy of the Economics Essentials at a temporarily reduced price of $20! :)

They cover the entire HSC course and will be a valuable resource towards understanding key concepts and writing high quality essays.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Selling HSC Economics Essentials by Denny Dien

Saw this guy at uni yesterday. Biggest SK2K14. Would recommend.

DennyDien

HSC

Thanks for your purchase :) Yeah they ended up fairly long but what I tried to do was break down and explain concepts simply and logically, which I think is more important than having extremely brief notes which you may not understand. I hope you can make good use of these notes and if you have any questions, feel free to send me an e-mail.

DennyDien

HSC

Liam: "These are extremely comprehensive notes that cover key concepts in great detail and in easy to understand language. The diagrams are useful and the notes are well organised. I would highly recommend these notes to anyone wanting to refresh their memories and revise in a short period of time"

DennyDien

HSC

Feedback from a customer: "Very good imo. The spacings good, fonts nice, content is clear, succinct and simple."

DennyDien

HSC

Get in some quick revision before the exam!

DennyDien

HSC

Bump

DennyDien

HSC

I'll be updating these notes with more recent stats and trends where needed over the next month or so - If you purchase the notes before then, I will e-mail you an updated version once it's complete

drainbammage

HSC

These notes explain the concepts very well without overcomplicating it, would definitely recommend them if you have the money.

DennyDien

HSC

Thanks! Hopefully they'll help you out a lot :)

DennyDien

HSC

I have updated the Economics Essentials with more recent trends and stats in some topics, up to about January 2015.

DennyDien

HSC

Sorted Past HSC Questions are no longer on sale but will be provided upon request with a purchase of the Economics Essentials :) They are sorted within their sub topics for all 4 topics.

DennyDien

HSC

Bump

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

Why are the sorted hsc questions no longer on sale out of curiosity?

Btw will this notes be sufficient or should I familarise myself with contemporary events and more updated statistics?

DennyDien

HSC

I didn't think I should be selling the HSC questions because they were just material from the Board of Studies which I organised.

The notes should be comprehensive enough to cover the majority of the course if you understand the content. They will help you a lot with essays because I've included information about recent events and statistics but given that I last updated them in January, you will have to keep up to date with events and keep a log of stats for yourself.

swagmeister

HSC

Best economics notes I have ever seen, great incorporation of theory which gives you an edge as well as the application to current trends which will help you in extended responses. Structure makes them easy to follow and the organisation is extremely logical in the way it links topics e.g. the free trade and protection part of Topic 1 with Australia's policies in Topic 2 - it makes so much more sense then how things are set out in textbooks. Also the sorted HSC question's are invaluable for half yearlies or if you have an exam on a specific topic like I do this week, and to nail down on key concepts as well as get an understanding of how questions are asked.

-Andrew

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)