Selling: METROPOLIS|1984 notes!!! (1 Viewer)

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
A comprehensive 49-page resource on Orwell's 1984 and Fritz Lang's Metropolis as 2 of the NEW 2015 prescribed texts in Module A 'Intertextual Perspectives'.

Includes:
Summary|analysis of KEY PLOT ELEMENTS in Metropolis
- The proletarian 'City of the Workers'
- The bourgeois world of 'Metropolis'
- Maria & the attempt to pacify the workers
- Rotwang's 'Man-Machine' [and more...]
Summary|analysis of KEY PLOT elements in 1984
- oppressed members of Airstrip One
- Response to repression
- Enforcement [and more...]
Character profiles for both texts
Module-specific comparative analysis of both texts, including:
- class structure and consolidation of power
- restriction of experience
- social weakness
- retention of power
Discussion of 'textual integrity'

PM me for a sample :)

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
SNIPPETS:

Such groups were weak in their aim due to being ideologically frail, as their dissatisfaction with the Nazi Regime was due to the economic difficulties they suffered during the 1930s. These groups were not concerned with alternatives, but rather were concerned with voicing and acting upon their misgivings. As a result such groups were in fact least likely to fight wholeheartedly against the Nazi regime as they had no idea of what they were fighting for, the alternative they were seeking to bring about. Desire requires direction and such parties did not have such, which benefited the Nazi regime in their rise to power. The same is true of Winston, whose lack of an alternative viewpoint causes his feeble attempt to mount a challenge against the Party, at the most opportune time to do so. This allows for plot devices also, as Winston’s lack of a considerable campaign against the Party allows for the revelation later that he realized O’Brien was affiliated to the Party all along.

-------------------------------------------------

The text ends with an emphatic statement of how totalitarian regimes control the populace through a variety of means, namely through social bias, memory bias and decision-making bias. Orwell wrote his novel in 1948, in the immediate aftermath of World War 2, and as a result believed that such totalitarian regimes would dominate the political landscape in the future due to their influence in the preceding decade. To represent such he ends with his novel by presenting his protagonist affected irreconcilably by the various means of propaganda that the Nazi regime used to enact influence during the 1930s and 1940s. The first of these ways was through social bias, namely that propaganda alters an individual’s perception of their social environment, such as who was responsible for a situation. This is represented in Winston’s changing view of Julia, who he initially was in love with and sought to have a long-lasting relationship: as said this was seen earlier when he imagined what it would be like to live with Julia in the paperweight and hoped for his ex-wife’s death. However O’Brien’s torture leads to a completely changed mindset, as he no longer views Julia with any affection. While they still meet there is no connection and both now look upon their relationship as not loving but rather a betrayal of other. Such a contrast from earlier is intended by Orwell to represent how propaganda and the control of totalitarian regime can change an individual’s perception of their surroundings irreconcilably.

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
All requested samples have been emailed! Check your junk/spam folders in case they were redirected there :)

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
massive response for samples over the long weekend!! Sorry if I haven't gotten back to u yet!!

Sandy747

HSC
Hi Essayqueen. Could you please send me a sample of your Metropolis/1984 notes as i am in Year 12 now studying these. Could you do this asap please. Also can you please tell me how much the full set of notes costs. Thanks, C

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
Hi Essayqueen. Could you please send me a sample of your Metropolis/1984 notes as i am in Year 12 now studying these. Could you do this asap please. Also can you please tell me how much the full set of notes costs. Thanks, C
Hi. I've PM'd you twice to ask for an email address so I can send you a sample

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)