99.80 ATAR | 96 Legal Studies || Essays and Guide for HSC Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

esaitchkay

HSC
Hi, fellow BOSers!

My name is Steven Kim and I graduated from Baulkham Hills High School with an ATAR of 99.80, achieving an overall Legal Studies mark of 96.

In addition, I came 2nd internally, attaining 58/60 and 95/100 in the Half-Yearly and Trial Examination, respectively (first for both exams).

For the HSC, I received a raw mark of 90, which was aligned to 95.

The option topics I did were:
World Order (25/25 for HY, 25/25 for Trials and 23/25 for HSC)
Global Environmental Protection (24/25 for Trials, 23.5/25 for HSC)

Following my deep passion and interest for Legal Studies, I have been working on a Legal Studies Guide, whilst also offering my trial and HSC responses, along with a some content ideas and deconstruction of questions for the option topics.

I would like to note that despite being a mainly “tick-the-box” subject (just copy paste what you read in textbooks) - higher order thinking is required for the larger responses in Legal Studies. As such, I will briefly go over the tools and techniques required to succeed, rather than raw content - there are textbooks for a reason!

Despite being a heavy promoter of rote-learning English essays, I can't recommend the same for Legal Studies Extended Responses.
Personally, I found that knowing a bunch of legislation, cases, media reports and other important issues and ideas were sufficient enough for producing an essay which not only directly answered the question, but also provided a strong argument.

Ultimately, however, it all comes down to you, the individual - you're going to be the one doing your assessments in the exam hall, the one studying their ass off in the library, and hopefully, the one being rewarded for the aforementioned hard work! 12 months may seem like a long time, but trust me, it flies, and in no time, HSC will be but a distant memory.

=========

Instructions for Purchase:
Click on the desired link
Click on "Buy Now"
Pay using PayPal
Receive an instant download link

PLEASE NOTE: Since Sellfy is a US website, ALL PRICES ARE NOTED IN USD
For a quick guide, here's a link to the current USD TO AUD Exchange Rate

==========

Legal Studies Guide ($5)
https://sellfy.com/p/pXIu/

Having gone through a bunch of practice and real Legal Studies exams throughout the past two years, I've noticed a couple of patterns, strategies and thinking methodologies which have ultimately allowed me to succeed in the Half Yearly, Trial and HSC Exam. At 3,640 words, this is a short guide - just some insights into the syllabus, alongside exam techniques, and general tips!

I have included in the guide, an analysis of my short response questions from a mixture of both the HSC and Trial Exam (they were awarded full, or near-full marks (e.g., 14/15 for Trial Short Answer), providing a useful insight into a Band 6 response structure and content.

Contents of this Guide:
1. Structure of HSC Exam and Mark Allocation
2. Syllabus
3. Exam Technique
3.1 Multiple Choice
3.2 Short Answer
3.2.1 HR Short Answer Questions
3.2.2 Crime 15 Marker
3.3 Extended Response
3.3.1 Extended Response Questions
3.3.2 Extended Response Structure
4. Factors to be considered when evaluating the effectiveness of legal mechanisms in achieving justice
5. General Tips for Legal Studies
6. Conclusion

==========

World Order Trial and HSC Extended Response, Content Ideas and Question Deconstruction ($6)
https://sellfy.com/p/UNaj/

World Order is an option topic which I truly came to appreciate, having furthered my passion by attending various UN Youth events.
It's a fantastic option in the sense that it will most definitely complement your Human Rights section, and the International part of Crime.
It definitely opened my eyes up to the world we live in, and I think that this passion will show through my essays, and give an insight into a Band 6

Invariably, the Trial and HSC responses will have similar content, but of course, have been answered to suit the specific question!

For Content Ideas, I cover a rough sketch of what information should be included in your essay, whilst also providing some examples
For Question Deconstruction, I approach 3 questions, and deconstruct what they want you to specifically talk about. Honestly, most option topic questions are the same, but simply rehashed with a specific key word to differentiate those who memorise their essay.

==========

Global Environmental Protection Trial and HSC Extended Response, Content Ideas and Question Deconstruction ($6)
https://sellfy.com/p/veIS/

Global Environment Protection - at first, I thought this would be an absolutely boring option topic, but after having researched thoroughly into the topic, I began to realise its importance and relevance in our modern era - tying in commercial, political and scientific influences.

Invariably, the Trial and HSC responses will have similar content, but of course, have been answered to suit the specific question!

The Content Ideas and Question Deconstruction are pretty much the same idea as World Order, but obviously with Global Environmental Protection.

==========

Bulk Buys:

World Order + Global Environmental Protection Bundle ($10)
https://sellfy.com/p/AJg2/
Doing both option topics? Well, you're in luck! Offering a discounted rate if you purchase both essays

World Order + Global Environmental Protection + Guide ($13)
https://sellfy.com/p/11nz/
This is the complete bundle, including both option topics and the guide!

Only doing one option topic, but still wanting to buy the guide? No worries!

World Order + Guide Bundle ($9)
https://sellfy.com/p/dWss/

Global Environmental Protection + Guide Bundle ($9)
https://sellfy.com/p/7Kyv/

If you have any queries, feel free to PM me!

Last edited:

tomnomnom696

HSC Goddess
HSC
having been able to glance through @esaitchkay's resources I can guarantee they are of the highest standard. All attention paid to details which will help you achieve the mark you so desire. This is one stop for legal studies resources. THE STOP. So if you want an edge in legal contact him now. He's put in the hard work for you already !!

mreditor16

HSC
The resources look awesome. Get in quick guys! :)

Immortality

Rekt by Adv. English
HSC
His resources are highly valuable and will be a great assistant for legal students that wants to achieve high HSC marks. Get in quick!

esaitchkay

HSC
bump! prices have been halved to make it accessible for more people!

Examine

same
HSC
Having done Legal Studies myself I can tell you that in most cases you could probably make notes yourself via using Cambridge as a guide. However you rarely see someone offering an actual guide on how to approach the actual HSC exam. Also seeing how people structure their short answers and extended responses is really valuable since it shows you how to answer a question in the most efficient manner while maximising marks.

At the end of the day even if you know your content if you don't have a proper approach to these exams then it might be difficult to achieve a mid/high b6. I'm sure that by buying Steven's guide and responses you will be able to learn how to properly approach each section of the HSC exam to how HSC markers want. $13 for the whole bundle is definitely a steal.

Soz if there are grammar errors in this I just came back from the gym and ceebs reading over it lol.

Anyway bump for esaitchkay!

Last edited:

kyusungasong

HSC
His legal notes are impeccable. Detailed and highly researched, a true inspiration.

esaitchkay

HSC
Having done Legal Studies myself I can tell you that in most cases you could probably make notes yourself via using Cambridge as a guide. However you rarely see someone offering an actual guide on how to approach the actual HSC exam. Also seeing how people structure their short answers and extended responses is really valuable since it shows you how to answer a question in the most efficient manner while maximising marks.

At the end of the day even if you know your content if you don't have a proper approach to these exams then it might be difficult to achieve a mid/high b6. I'm sure that by buying Steven's guide and responses you will be able to learn how to properly approach each section of the HSC exam to how HSC markers want. $13 for the whole bundle is definitely a steal.

Soz if there are grammar errors in this I just came back from the gym and ceebs reading over it lol.

Anyway bump for esaitchkay!
Thanks Examine! I should probably add to anyone reading that throughout the year, I utilised Examine's content notes which were a key difference - go get it now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)