Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShipOfTheseus

Thread: 98/100 Adv English/99.8 ATAR | Best Updated Essay Guides for 2018

Cadet
    HSC

Thumbs up 98/100 Adv English/99.8 ATAR | Best Updated Essay Guides for 2018

SPECIAL NOTICE: TILL THE END OF DECEMBER I WILL BE OFFERING A DISCOUNT. $4 PER PACKAGE OR $12 FOR ALL OF THEM. EMAIL ME ON HSCESSAYMARKING@GMAIL.COM TO TAKE ADVANTAGE!

EDIT: Results from my 2017 students are coming in, things are looking good! Get in quick while the packages are still discounted

Hi, my name is Peter and last year for the Class of 2017 I published a series of essay guides using the latest HSC questions. Now, for 2018, I release an updated series, including both the original 2016 materials and guides, as well as new updated essays responding to the 2017 exam... for the same low price!

These are the most up to date essay guides available.

In each package is an essay directly responding to the latest HSC questions, and annotated deeply, explaining what each sentence is doing so you can best understand how to excel in your HSC. For the latest 2017 exam, I have adapted these essays, showing you the kinds of changes that are required to get the highest marks (and dispelling the myth that you have to write a totally new essay to get the marks).

Previously, I graduated with a 99.8 ATAR, receiving marks of 98/100 (Advanced), 48/50 (Extension) and 50/50 (Ext-2—2nd in NSW). Since then, I have graduated with a high distinction average from the University of Sydney, receiving the Josiah Symon Scholarship for English (2013), the Margaret Telfer Bursary for English (2014), and the Vice Chancellor’s Award for Academic Excellence (2013, 14). In addition, I have tutored at Dux College, Bondi Junction, Ignite Education, and coached/tutored at St. Aloysius College, Meriden Strathfield, Tempe High, and Sydney Speaking School.

The essays look like this:

And are available here:

Discovery (Motorcycle Diaries + Related Text) $5
    Module A: 1984/Metropolis $5
    Module B: Hamlet $5
    Module C: People and Politics (Auden + Related Text) $5
    Complete English Package (25% discount) $15

I’m selling the packages for $5 each. That is the same price as last year, but with a second response added for free. You can get all four for $15 (25% off), or if you want a different combination for a discount, simply email me at hscessaymarking@gmail.com and we’ll sort it out. You can pay either directly via sellfy, or if you email me I can organise sale via PayPal or Direct Deposit.

How might you use these guides?

1. Struggling to find evidence? These essays are brimming with key quotes from all prescribed texts, as well as the related texts I have selected. Students may use these essays to build on their understanding of the quotes and techniques they should be analysing.
    2. Having trouble with the module or rubric? Each essay includes annotations that explain what each essay is about conceptually and thematically, giving you an easy starting point to produce your own thesis.
    3. Sick of feedback that criticises your structure? Each essay runs through a macro- and micro-structure, dealing with the essay as a whole, but also introductions, individual PEEL sentences, and conclusions. It shows you how to break down questions and incorporate them into your responses, helping you move from memorising to directly adapting.

But don’t take my word for it, here’s some quotes from students who have used my service:

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    As a private English tutor, I recently bought Peter's essays as a further guide for my own teaching. The textual detail in his essays are excellent, and the clear explanations on his annotations for essay structuring, topic sentences, linkage of ideas, etc. are also a great help. His prices for the essays, marking and tutoring services are also ridiculously cheap for his top credentials - would definitely recommend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevy View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm an English Advanced student in year 12 and I recently submitted my creative for it to be marked. The service was just what I wanted, as I received in-depth and detailed feedback with loads of annotations suggesting improvements. It was marked and returned extremely fast, at a high quality, so I am very pleased Would 100% recommend him! I'm about to submit my essays now to get some feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by skelmo View Post
    Peter's essays are great! I bought them for all modules, to choose quotes and ideas more efficiently. I considered his responses in preparing for module B, and managed to get a 15/15. Bump! I have been absolutely amazed with the quality and quantity of feedback (much more then any tutor), at a great price! Peter helped me cut and finesse my Navigating the Global essay, from an 1800 word draft to a 1500, while still keeping all the quotes, theorists and ideas! Thanks to his help, I got 24/25 which is the best i've ever gotten for 3U English!! Thanks so much Peter! Bump
    If you have any questions or comments, please email me directly at hscessaymarking@gmail.com.
    Last edited by ShipOfTheseus; 17 Dec 2017 at 7:45 PM.
    jackstar7 likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

Re: 98/100 Adv English/99.8 ATAR | Best Updated Essay Guides for 2018

Bump! (With some feedback from a satisfied student!)

Cadet
    HSC

Bump!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ShipOfTheseus View Post
    Hi, my name is Peter and last year for the Class of 2017 I published a series of essay guides using the latest HSC questions. Now, for 2018, I release an updated series, including both the original 2016 materials and guides, as well as new updated essays responding to the 2017 exam... for the same low price!

These are the most up to date essay guides available.

In each package is an essay directly responding to the latest HSC questions, and annotated deeply, explaining what each sentence is doing so you can best understand how to excel in your HSC. For the latest 2017 exam, I have adapted these essays, showing you the kinds of changes that are required to get the highest marks (and dispelling the myth that you have to write a totally new essay to get the marks).

Previously, I graduated with a 99.8 ATAR, receiving marks of 98/100 (Advanced), 48/50 (Extension) and 50/50 (Ext-2—2nd in NSW). Since then, I have graduated with a high distinction average from the University of Sydney, receiving the Josiah Symon Scholarship for English (2013), the Margaret Telfer Bursary for English (2014), and the Vice Chancellor’s Award for Academic Excellence (2013, 14). In addition, I have tutored at Dux College, Bondi Junction, Ignite Education, and coached/tutored at St. Aloysius College, Meriden Strathfield, Tempe High, and Sydney Speaking School.

The essays look like this:

And are available here:

Discovery (Motorcycle Diaries + Related Text) $5
    Module A: 1984/Metropolis $5
    Module B: Hamlet $5
    Module C: People and Politics (Auden + Related Text) $5
    Complete English Package (25% discount) $15

I’m selling the packages for $5 each. That is the same price as last year, but with a second response added for free. You can get all four for $15 (25% off), or if you want a different combination for a discount, simply email me at hscessaymarking@gmail.com and we’ll sort it out. You can pay either directly via sellfy, or if you email me I can organise sale via PayPal or Direct Deposit.

How might you use these guides?

1. Struggling to find evidence? These essays are brimming with key quotes from all prescribed texts, as well as the related texts I have selected. Students may use these essays to build on their understanding of the quotes and techniques they should be analysing.
    2. Having trouble with the module or rubric? Each essay includes annotations that explain what each essay is about conceptually and thematically, giving you an easy starting point to produce your own thesis.
    3. Sick of feedback that criticises your structure? Each essay runs through a macro- and micro-structure, dealing with the essay as a whole, but also introductions, individual PEEL sentences, and conclusions. It shows you how to break down questions and incorporate them into your responses, helping you move from memorising to directly adapting.

But don’t take my word for it, here’s some quotes from students who have used my service:

If you have any questions or comments, please email me directly at hscessaymarking@gmail.com.
    I'm really interested. I'll contact you via email soon. Cheers!

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Cadet
    HSC

Some students have inquired about the related texts, both the texts used (for discovery: a poem; for Module C, a documentary) are freely available online and in the case of the poem, short and easily memorised. Both texts are full of techniques and explained with a great deal of depth in the guides. Excellent for students struggling to find a second related text.

Cadet
    HSC

Bump.

Cadet
    HSC

Bump.

Cadet
    HSC

Bump.

Cadet
    HSC

Bump.

Cadet
    HSC

Special notice: Till the end of december i will be offering a discount. $4 per package or $12 for all of them. Email me on hscessaymarking@gmail.com to take advantage!

HSC

Heyo Peter
    Do you have any advice for English Extension 2 since you did so amazingly well in it :O
    Also how much would it cost for you to look at and give feedback for an essay/ creative ?
    Thankyouuu!

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by tnjq View Post
    Heyo Peter
    Do you have any advice for English Extension 2 since you did so amazingly well in it :O
    Also how much would it cost for you to look at and give feedback for an essay/ creative ?
    Thankyouuu!
    Hi there, I'll PM you!

Cadet
    HSC

Bump!

Cadet
    HSC

Bump.

Cadet
    HSC

Bumped with results from my students coming through! Get in quick to take advantage of December savings!

Cadet
    HSC

Bump!

Cadet
    HSC

Bump

Cadet
    HSC

Bump