Urgent help needed (1 Viewer)

Capo

HSC
I was told that you had to supply a doctors certificate if you were away a week prior to trials assessment week. Is this true? I've been jigging abit of school this week to study by myself and do past papers and next week is my trials :S if that rule is actually legitimate what's the maximum penalty schools can hand out?

Thanks in advance guys! :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If it is a rule, it might be a rule in your school policy, you should check your school policies relating to this or ask your teachers. But just a tip, although you might get more study time to study for your trials, but you might be missing out on exam hints and tips from teachers which could end up saving you studying things that won't be emphasised in the exams.

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Whilst we are on the go... what are everyone else's school policies about assessments? We have:
- Can stay home 5 days before an assessment is due or exam is on
- instant zero for late assessments
- Illness & Misadventure form has to be filled out for late assessments or other breaches

What does everyone else have?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I was told that you had to supply a doctors certificate if you were away a week prior to trials assessment week. Is this true? I've been jigging abit of school this week to study by myself and do past papers and next week is my trials :S if that rule is actually legitimate what's the maximum penalty schools can hand out?

Thanks in advance guys! :)
Well you're fucked

dunjaaa

HSC
school doesnt care :p, taken the last 5 days off lol

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Well if you hve been studying consistently the whole year you should be prepared. I don't understand how taking a day off to "do a paper" will help you now. Just get the trials over and done with study for the hsc

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Couldn't stand ppl who did this
Me either. I remember 2 weeks before the exams my physics teacher was still teaching and everyone thought they could do a better job so literally more than 1/2 the class just went to the local library to study and "get the concepts quicker". As I found out later it turned out to be more of a social gathering rather than a study session. And in class everyone was worried so he gave the answers to the first 2 MC answers. Awks for the people who got them wrong lol

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Check your school malpractice policy. You shouldn't even been jigging school to study because its actually unfair on the rest of your peers. You can get severely penalised for it if you're school has strict malpractice rules (at my school if you don't go to school prior to trials without legit reasoning like doctors and legitimate sickness, you can pretty much get 0 in the trial)

Toughen up and go to school lol just do past paper during lessons or something.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Me either. I remember 2 weeks before the exams my physics teacher was still teaching and everyone thought they could do a better job so literally more than 1/2 the class just went to the local library to study and "get the concepts quicker". As I found out later it turned out to be more of a social gathering rather than a study session. And in class everyone was worried so he gave the answers to the first 2 MC answers. Awks for the people who got them wrong lol
Yeah, even after trials ppl just stayed home to study for HSC for like 3 weeks until we graduated, extremely ridiculous. Even on the week we were graduating and stuff, no one turned up. Stupid.

dunjaaa

HSC
It's more of a reassurance then anything else + more productive if you stay home anyways. We sit the CSSA, so absolutely no hints are provided under mandatory stipulation + we're not learning anything new at school.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yeah, even after trials ppl just stayed home to study for HSC for like 3 weeks until we graduated, extremely ridiculous. Even on the week we were graduating and stuff, no one turned up. Stupid.
thats fked lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)